1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One Week, will move 5 times - rent, Uber Lyft, cab

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by andrew5499, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrew5499

andrew5499 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What do you recommend fro a 1 week visit.
    We will need a car for

Airport to MB - midweek change to Cosmo - then back to airport.

Add in 1 extra trip to either Downtown or Summerlin.

Most car rental prices for 1 week are above $400.00, adding in parking etc....we are now undecided if we should try Uber, Lyft and cabs for this trip.

what are your thoughts ?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Summerlin is the only one of any distance which might need a car. Also a reason not to have a car - if you drink like most of us do.

Even at half that price for a rental, I would not bother. Cab/Uber is way easier. No shuttle to rental car place. No parking. No checking car back in.

3. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber or Lyft is what I would use. The following screenshots show the Uber and Lyft prices for trips to and from the Strip to Summerlin and Downtown.

IMG_1426.jpg IMG_1427.jpg IMG_1428.jpg IMG_1429.jpg

4. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These screenshots show Uber and Lyft pricing from airport to Strip, Mandalay Bay to Cosmopolitan and Strip back to airport.

IMG_1430.jpg IMG_1431.jpg IMG_1433.jpg

5. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plan on Uber but also keep checking rates on the car. It will probably come down. If your other excursion is only downtown, you probably won't need because you also have the option of the bus but if you are headed to Summerlin, a good deal on a rental car could make that option more viable. My last few trips, rates didn't really come down until the last few weeks before my trip. The last trip I was rebooking until the night before I left.

6. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would go with Uber / Lyft. if it is only going to be 5 fares, it is the way to go. you don't have the responsibility of a car, nor the hassle of parking garages and fees.
    that seems to be right where I am at. I used to rent a car and maybe make 7 or 8 trips. I have cut it down to 5 or 6 and use Uber / LYFT with no regrets. the only problems is when Uber is supposed to credit your account because of a driver issue, and you never get the credit.
    with 5 or 6 fares plus tip, I still spend a little less than the rental would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.