1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

old school vegas buffets!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by steve/tami, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeJ.

GeorgeJ. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had lunch at Sam's Town a number of years ago (probably 10+ years ago) -- it was just OK but not bad enough that I'd never return. A year or so ago after seeing a bunch of billboards, etc. for their great $9.99 "Prime Rib buffet" for dinner, I made the mistake of trying it. The prime rib was awful. The rest of the spread was pretty mediocre too. Walking out to my car, my thought was "why the hell did I go here. For only $15 more I could have had GREAT prime rib at the M".

If you're thinking that Home Town Buffet is good; then Sam's will probably be OK for you. The food is just OK at Sam's Town buffet. You get what you pay for. But for the same prices, I think Boulder Station's buffet is better if you're going cheap buffet for a meal.

2. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you are on the Strip, but a quick bus ride downtown and you could eat at Main Street Station. I think this is one of the best values in buffets in Vegas. Great variety. Nothing fancy, but everything was really good. And its very reasonably priced.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.