1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Off to Aria Again... 5/10-5/15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ronc, May 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought my June tickets in January, wanted the last Saturday show, but the entire lower level (front and rear) was already sold out, and ended up getting the last Tuesday, which even that was 95% sold out already in January! Might be available for your dates through the CR resale ticket exchange if you didn't check there, but surely won't be cheap.

Not saying not to a free fountain view suite to kick off Thanksgiving!
    Presidential Suite for the holiday woohoo!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loving this TR. Looks like a great mix of relaxing, gambling, eating, and drinking! So jealous watching these posts from the office earlier. Bring on the big wins!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds great so far with the exception of your son’s appendix getting in the way. I prefer SW too- also not perfect. I usually fly out of Austin even though San Antonio is a little closer. I grew up in SA and the airport had always been a mess - under construction etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1stoppop

1stoppop Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! Where is the build-your-own Bloody Mary? It looks delicious.

5. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that is at the Aria Cafe.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is correct...

The Last One Turns 21!
    Will MLife Finally Drive Us Away? Sky Suites 2020 Trip
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appendix update...he is headed off to his first day of an internship. He did have a rough day or two in there and delayed his start by one day...

The Last One Turns 21!
  8. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the pool, we headed up and got ready for the evening.

First up is Mesa Grill.

The cab fare was half as much as the one the other night...I didn’t like that driver anyway; now i am wondering if he is one of those rip-off guys.

Anyway, we started with the Tiger Shrimp appetizer and a dip thing. Both were very good. Then we ordered the entrees. I had the veal chop...actually, I picked the Tiger Shrimp and the chop by telling the waiter to pick it for me. Great choices. The chop was perfectly done.

One person had the chicken, one had the fish taco appetizer as an entree. I forget the last one. Everyone really enjoyed their meal.

Finished with dessert to share.

Nice service; not rushed by efficient and helpful.

Dinner plus two bottles of wine was $311; $200 was covered by our Diamond Celebration Dinner.

Off to the show...

The Last One Turns 21!
    • Like Like x 4
  9. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CB4B5782-DDB1-47A0-93BF-35E64BFBB071.jpeg F48DC0FF-F1DC-4C3C-BC17-298AFC0626FB.jpeg 37DACC6E-E966-4741-81CF-2FCE239A8D1F.jpeg 5497A7F3-D460-4930-9709-E5236451CC08.jpeg

The Last One Turns 21!
    • Like Like x 3
  10. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing “Mr. Las Vegas” was something that I am glad I did...but would not do again.

The seating in Cleopatra’s Barge was very tight and almost uncomfortable...I don’t like the feeling of being shoehorned into a space.

The show featured songs, jokes, and a sort of Q&A. I just did not like the pace of it...it was too long at over two hours. It is like they had an hour or more of good material; the rest was just too much. At his age, difficulty with moving, and singing level, it was sometimes tedious to watch.

Other moments were pure joy...like the singer who sang the high Minnie Riperton part when he was singing to Ellen being there and hitting that note...and many other things. He did crowd interaction, which does not always happen these days.

Made me wish I had seen him years ago...he still can play a mean fiddle...

The Last One Turns 21!
    • Like Like x 3
  11. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like he was singing at a food court. Was Tiffany the opening act? Just seems strange.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MCann

MCann High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's in Cleopatra's Barge at Caesar's and they call it "Up Close and Personal with Wayne Newton" - so they're not lying. It's a very small lounge.

13. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We left Caesars and headed back to Aria.

Went to a craps table, bought in for $200, and quickly got down to the last of it. My wife was off and slotting, but she did not hit anything worth talking about.

Switched tables, added $200 to what was left from the carnage at the last table. It looks like this is not going to go well...could be a short night.

Stayed at around $100, betting $10 pass line with $20 odds, and 6/8 starting at $12, pressing on wins. Got has high as $90 on one of them but could not convert and then two or three shooters would 7 out quickly.

Some folks from the night before joined the table and the vibe turned. Two or three good rolls and I have my $400 back. Things go pretty well from here out...no big break but no long losing streaks either. I could not “turn the corner” on some larger bets and colored up at $700.

Slotting was a bust and my wife got bored of it fast...so the losses stopped on that side of the ledger.

Headed to the room at about 2 a.m. with most of the night’s bankroll intact. We are losing but not at the horrid pace that happens sometimes...we will take some of the bankroll home no matter what happens tonight!

The Last One Turns 21!
    • Like Like x 5
  14. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tuesday, 5/14...Last Full Day

I am down $200 after a Morning craps crash and a tip for the pool attendant setting us up. Got our spaces and headed to breakfast

Aria Cafe was good, as usual.

Pool time...

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    The Last One Turns 21!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    image.jpg image.jpg

Here we go again...bucket of beer...

In the back row too avoid sunburn...I will get enough sun when I get in the pool...

The Last One Turns 21!
    • Like Like x 5
  16. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did stop by the hosts office and asked if they could comp four days in August that are not yet covered by offers. The host on duty was fine with that.

I also asked my rating on tables...they had it at $44 a bet for 13 hours. I feel that is low and it shows that I have not done a good job of advocating for myself. It represents my lowest bets but not the amount I am risking (not counting odds) when a shooter rolls any numbers at all.

I am not happy about that rating but it is up to me to ask about it every time I play.

The Last One Turns 21!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kachow

Kachow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ronc I don’t mean at all to sound wierd or prod but I’m just curious but it seems like that type of rating would be a little low to merit comped sky suites? I know your wife hits the slots but it seems like the bankroll and bet size numbers you’ve been talking about wouldn’t merit such large comps? Are you all paying for this trip in the sky suites and then getting regular comped rooms the rest of the time or is that level of play plus some decent slot play from the Mrs enough to get sky suites comped. I’m asking because if that is the case I’m gonna start moving some or most of my play to Aria. Seems like they do a good job taking care of y’all.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mistaspakles

Mistaspakles Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking the same thing. I think my craps level of play is similar to OP, but I have never been comped a regular room at the Aria. I’m assuming the SO slot play is what would be what might warrant the sky suite perhaps?...

• Like Like x 1
  19. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So...we “self comp” the Sky Suite once a year.

There was an incident last year on this trip that was not serious at all but it had to do with an item of great sentimental value to my wife (a teddy bear she always kept with her that was in her mother’s arms when she passed away) getting lost and people telling us how they would follow up but not following through.

I wrote to let them know that it was not what we expected—if you say you are going to call, then call, etc. Even if you have no solution, you provide any updates or whatever that you commit to...

Anyway, the teddy bear thing touched the person who handled the email and she offered to upgrade our next visit to a Sky Suite Strip View Penthouse Room. We just had to pay, or use an offer, for the room.

She totally kept her word and went above and beyond as we switched offers several times to get what we ended up...$225 for the five nights with $250 in free play and $150 resort credit.

We will continue to self-comp once per year moving forward. It is so worth it to us and our trip...

Our level if play? Regular room comps at upper end MLife; Suites at lower end ones. We are very happy with that.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    The Last One Turns 21!
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. Kachow

Kachow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that’s really good of them to have followed through and make that as right as they could. Thanks so much for the response, I felt a little intrusive asking that question so thanks for answering it so fast. Also, awesome TR ask far and hope you guys win a bunch of money tonight!

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.