1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Odd M Life property price surge for week of July 19?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by gradytripp, Jan 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I were hoping to have our "summer" trip take place the week of July 19. I'm seeing an odd bump in price at M Life properties that week. Logged in to the website, the cheapest rate at Bellagio for the week before is $92/night (average). The week of the 19th it's around $230. Similar things happen at all the M Life properties, but not at Caesars properties. This has been the case for a couple of weeks of checking.

I don't see any major conventions listed that week, and if there were, I don't know why only M Life would be affected.

Does anyone else see this?

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm usually there during the 3rd week of July (depending on how July 4th falls) and it's been more expensive than other July weeks, for it seems like at least 4 or 5 years.

Some CET properties it's more expensive and some it's not. CP, PH, Paris and Harrah's are all way more expensive the week of the 19th than the prior week. Bally's, Flamingo, and Cromwell (go figure) aren't.

I think it's been a Microsoft thing happening that week, but that might not be the only thing.

ETA: Yeah, Microsoft plays into it. Was Jul 14 - 18 last year, 19 - 23 in 2020.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Specifically it's the Microsoft Inspire week-long event. MGM properties are the primary hosts, and I'm sure their travel partners direct everyone to MGM hotels first and foremost. It's basically their big annual event with all their business partners; it's not dramatically unlike the Amazon AWS event. Brings a ton of people to town.

4. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Daaaang, that was the exact week I was wondering about for my summer trip, for where to stay... and I was counting on getting a weeknight MyVegas two-night comp at an MGM property. But guess that isn't going to happen from the looks of it :(

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  5. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to you and other posters for solving the mystery. As it happens, we've been in Vegas during this event. Super long lines at every coffee joint. I guess we've got some thinking to do...

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With most of these conferences, it's fine if you're a mid-day person or a late-night person. People are up early to get coffee and head to the conference sessions (the cab lines are often a nightmare until about 9am, as well), and then from 6pm-8pm or so, they take over the bars for either hosted events, or just post-conference drinks. They usually head to sleep early because for most of these conferences, the day gets started around 8am. But the hotel prices will indeed be very high, and mornings are tough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.