1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

O Christmas Tree... Show Us Yours

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by breanna61, Nov 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm putting up tree one tonight; will only do two this year since we are spending Christmas in Vegas. We built a new home this year and moved in in August. In our former home, the trees were in an area I could baby gate when we were out so the pups wouldn't get at them. It will be tough to do that this year with the layout so will need to be vigilant in training the pups to leave them alone. I guess that was the down side of the lazy baby gate route we took.

Got a taste of things to come when one of my guys, Jaxon, ran off with one end of a roll of deco mesh while I was 10 feet up just starting to put it on with the other end of the roll. Should be some colourful language here in the next few days. Sorry Santa, cut me some slack. I am going to wrap some big ass boxes in Christmas wrap to barricade the tree if needed but really hope giving them open access and staying vigilant will remove the allure. Our previous dog never bothered with the tree but loved to lie under it and look at the lights.

So.....show us your trees! I will post mine when I complete them this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is up all year, or I wouldn't be ready yet. I only turn it on between thanksgiving and new years, or if I blast EDM and turn out the lights, but fired it up just for you! 20191123_204515.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 5
  3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We get a tree about two weeks before Christmas, usually a Nordmann fir. Probably won't this year given our trip.

4. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks McCann; I feel special. Looks like your pupsicle enjoys the lights too!! That's a good looking pup!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  5. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no sad emoji....get one anyway!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I said earlier, we just moved into our new house. The tree I worked on today is 10'. In our former home, I could place it beside the staircase and decorate the top....not here.

Well, some girls get diamonds, but my thoughtful husband who knows my ladder phobia thought ahead and presented me with a platform ladder at just the right height to stand firm on the platform and reach the top. I was a bit weary, but I was working that platform with no need for proof of life check ins.

[​IMG]

In progress

[​IMG]

Almost done tree one...

[​IMG]

Need some daylight to finish this one in the morning (to fill in the nooks and crannies you can't see when the tree is lit at night) and will get tree two done tomorrow and post. The area around tree one looks like a herd of strippers came through.....Christmas decor sparkles are a bitch!!

• Love Love x 11
    • Like Like x 9
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My tree is still tucked away in my storage room. I usually don't put it up until after Thanksgiving, although it doesn't take very long to get it all setup in my living room. It's the same one that I had last year, but I'll post a pic as soon as it's back up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "It's the most Wonderful Time, of the year!"

• Like Like x 1
  9. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mrs flyguy put the ornaments on our pup's 6 foot tree yesterday. It sits on the back patio under cover. Tree two is up but not decorated. That one is the people tree and it sits in the living room. We may finish that one this week. It just depends on if we have a Christmas party this year for the neighbors and our ballroom dance friends.
    We have a junket to Biloxi scheduled 7-10 Dec and that interferes with the food prep. Don't need any extra pressure.

Outside decorations ready to go up day after Thanksgiving. Two lighted deer and lighted angel with wreaths for main door, light pole and garage.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This tree I made from a pallet. It is decorated in the 12 days of Christmas theme with Intarsia pieces representing each day. It is being donated to a local organization whose mission is to preserve and promote the history of our town which goes back to the mid 1700's
    http://warehistoricalsociety.wikifoundry.com/page/Ware+Center+Meeting+House
    20191117_200546.jpg

ps. sorry for the crappy picture

the trees for our house will be done next weekend and I will head out back to cut a Charlie Brown tree for the mancave

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 6
  11. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok this is not my current tree but always picture worthy. I want to say it was 2000. Guess my ex-husband always had to try to over compensate :whistle:. Ps- we had 15 or 16 foot ceilings. And yes, the little guy in the picture will be the one turning 21 in my ticker below and he's now 6'4" lol
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Love Love x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ain't no sad in Christmas season!!!

Years we travel and don't get a tree we still decorate with swag so we get that wonderful smell!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like passing by the Christmas tree lots of Walmart, Lowe's, etc. and wallow in the smell of the Christmas trees!

The smell brings back fond memories of being a kid and anticipation of Christmas Day with all the presents under the tree.....

• Love Love x 3
  14. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She's a beaut Clarke... lot of sap. lot of sap

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Love Love x 1
  15. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I realized that the Sunday after Thanksgiving ( the usual tree date) was already December, I started the trees yesterday. Got the tree up and the lights and garlands on and then today I was able to put on the many, many ornaments.

Dh did our outside tree ( an 8 foot balsam) yesterday--decorated with those huge plastic balls and lights. It was sunny and cool- a better day than today which is rainy. I did the final tree just now. Dh has one in his den and though he said when he bought the thankfully small tree that he would do it himself---he never has.

I just am thrilled now I I sit here that I have the desire to do the decorations as many people I know have thrown in the towel on Christmas decorating. I am even more thankful that I still have the strength and ability to do it. Add that to my Thanksgiving list!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have rules in our house about when Holiday time is appropriate. Trees and decorations can't go up until after Thanksgiving, so we'll be doing ours next Sunday. I didn't want to put up the tree, since we won't be here, but SOMEONE wants it up, so I guess I'll do it. :)

I miss having a dog who napped under the tree. Christmas isn't the same without your lumpy body using the stuffed parts of my tree skirt as a pillow, Britt.
    2008xmas.jpg

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a sweet ladder, where did he get it? I'm scared of ladders too. I make Bob put the angel on because it has to be wired in. Otherwise I have a sturdy wooden chair with arms (Department of National Defense surplus from like...ww2 era I think. I got it when I lived in Ottawa. So solid, never let that sucker go. Anyhow. Tell me about this ladder. Also, nice trees.

18. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Artificial Tree goes up after Thanksgiving -
    probably this Friday + Saturday.
    Haven't decided this year's design ?......
    But that process goes out the window when my son takes over !
    He NEVER stops hanging ornaments.....just keeps on......and on.....
    He's screaming/ laughing at the TV - right now !!!
    cos " Home Alone " is on and he loves that movie !

• Like Like x 1
  19. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He got it at Home Depot. I don’t know how I ever lived without it :)

• Love Love x 1
  20. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to get my hands on one of those.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.