1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NYNY Jan30-Feb1

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by erind228, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erind228

    erind228 Newbie

    Feb 18, 2008
    Trips to Las Vegas:

    My Trip Report

    I always enjoying pumping myself up for a trip by reading all of your trip reports...I hope you enjoy mine.

    My fiance, his friend(John)and girlfriend(Sabrina) and I left from Columbus at 7:50 am on Friday morning. It had been snowing / icing all week so I couldn't wait to get the hell out of dodge and enjoy some warmer temperatures! We flew Southwest. This was my first experience with this airline and I am pretty sure I am going to always try and fly southwest from now on if I can! The flight attendants were very nice, you actually get good snacks and we even got some free alcohol as well. The flight out was the best flight I have ever been on...probably because I was drunk! On a side note, you probably shouldn't get as drunk I was because I left my Ipod on the plane...not smart!:grrr:

    We got to Vegas around 9:30, grabbed our bags and a cab and headed out to New York New York. This is the second time I have stayed there...check in was a breeze. We threw our bags down and headed out. First stop was MGM. I really enjoy the MGM, I think because that is where I stayed my first trip to Vegas. This was Sabrina's first trip to Vegas so we wanted to make sure she saw as much as possible. We sauntered our way down to O'Sheas for some free shots and beer pong. I love O'Sheas. There is just something about that casino...probably because of my Irish roots. Needless to say, at this time, I was pretty hammered from being drunk on the plane so details get a little foggy. We eventually made our way back to New York New York where I passed out for like three hours and then was ready to go again around 10:30 pm Vegas time.

    After my little "cat nap", my fiance and I ventured over to the Excalibur along with John and Sabrina. John and Sabrina had been downtown and back by then and were completely gone....I think they had some Jagerbombs and some beer in something the shape of a football. Anyway, they are so drunk that at one point as I am coming out of a bathroom stall, and John was coming in to pee. I had to escort him out and across the hall to the mens room. Jeff and I made our way back to MGM where we played some slots and actually won! Eventually we lose it all back, of course. I keep telling myself, some day I will win. HaHaHa! At around 3:30 Vegas time we finally crashed.

    Saturday January 31

    I woke up around 6:30 Vegas time after only 3 hours of sleep. I can never sleep in there no matter how tired I am...I just want to constantly be on the go. So, we got ourselves ready and off we went. We went up to Mandalay Bay and gambled for awhile....John played some roulette and won about 200 dollars. Then we were off to downtown Vegas. This was my fourth trip to Vegas, but my first time downtown so I was pretty pumped to see Vegas from a different angle. I enjoyed my time down there. I loved Mermaids. The girls came by to offer drinks like every two minutes. If you are looking to get hammered this was the place to be. I also did really well on the slots there. I will definitely be making my way down there again. I about died when I went to cash out from a Super Jackpot Party slot and the thing gave me forty dollars in nickles. Jeff and I were cracking up. I love super jackpot party by the way, and this one was giving me a bonus game every ten minutes or so. You can't go wrong with that. Eventually, we grabbed a cab and headed to the Stratosphere .

    We wanted to head up to the observation deck and this was the first time that I had been there so I didn't know you had to pay. We had some fun taking funny pictures with mannequins on our way up to the top, but once we got there we turned back around because we didn't want to spend the extra cash to go up. Next stop was O'sheas. Played here for awhile and met a really nice lady from Macon, GA...she was awesome! I played the Star Trek slot for the first time at O'Sheas and I am pretty much addicted now. I don't like the show at all, but the game was fun, and I liked that you could save your play.

    After O'Sheas we headed back to Mandalay Bay for some Sushi. I was pretty drunk by this time, but I remember that the sushi was nothing special. Hopefully, the next time we will find a better place to enjoy sushi because Jeff and I both really like it, and I just didn't feel like we got our moneys worth.

    I am not sure how late it is at this point because the hours began to run together but Jeff and I were ready to crash so we headed back to the hotel. Unfortunately, we had to be up early and head to the airport.

    This trip was just not long enough, but it was nice to get away from winter in the midwest. Jeff and I are getting married in July so I hope to head back to Vegas for my bachelorette party, hopefully in June. It seems like the right thing to do!:beer:
  2. atcmurph

    atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

    Apr 18, 2007
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing the report. I am glad you ventured downtown and enjoyed it.....I love it there more every trip. Don't worry....you're not the first person to leave and iPod on a plane. Mine was an older version, so I just used it as an excuse to buy a new iPod touch :thumbsup:
  3. gotavegasjones

    gotavegasjones VIP Whale

    Jan 16, 2004
    South Texas
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting.

    later, GVJ
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.