1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Number of Trips Question?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by HuskerBB, Jun 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a big deal - but curious for an answer to a silly Vegas addict question as I update my profile. Just returned from a trip where we spent 2 nights in Vegas (Ballys), 6 nights at the Grand Canyon (w/ raft trip) and then 2 nights in Vegas (Caesars). Is that 1 Vegas visit or 2? In other words - do you have to return "home" to make it a new Vegas visit - or is leaving LV for 1+ nights and then coming back enough to make it a new "visit".

Obviously not an "official" inquiry - but curious about what people who visit regularly think?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my book, that's one LV trip. Home to LV and you didn't return home before coming back to LV.

However, does it really matter? Who's counting and why?

Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your scenario would be 2 trips for me. It'd be no different than if I went out for the weekend, came home and worked until Friday, then went back out for the that weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    One trip. But it's Vegas, it can be whatever you want it to be. That's all that matters.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Seattle, stayed one night, got on a cruise ship, came back a week later and stayed another night. My brain says that was one trip to Seattle. But if Vegas had a port it would have been one more trip to Vegas.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One trip with a side excursion

7. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Caesars. Incorporated Clark County. Trip One.

A few days later I moved to Sunset Station. City of Henderson. Trip Two.

Then I put in a few nights at Aliante. City of North Las Vegas. Trip Three.

And finally, several nights at the JW Marriott. City of Las Vegas. Trip Four.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think of a trip as home - home. Whatever happens between that is one trip. But it's how you count it that matters. :)

9. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd count it as two - one never knows when VMB might start giving a prize to the member with the most trips :whistle:

My problem is I never really kept track of Vegas trips in the early years, so my trip count is my best guesstimate and could be off by a trip or two.

10. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    same here, I wish I had kept better records. or -- records period. a while back I was trying to figure out what was the year of my first trip. it was '96 or '97 I think.
    so, by the end of this year, I am estimating 55-60 Vegas trips over approximately 20 years.
    I have never regretted one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trips to Vegas are a Badge of Honor. The more trips you go, your Badge of Honor can elevate from novice to senior, then expert, then super, then super duper, then super super duper duper, then all the way to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

When you reach that top level, subsequent trips will earn you wings (similar to Army Airborne Wings) and then oak leaf clusters, maple leaf clusters, and eventually fig leaf clusters with fig newtons dangling between the "legs".

So yeah, I would count it as 2 trips instead of one. The more trips you do, the nicer the Badge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. topcard

topcard Re-Open Vegas!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, it's based on arrivals at McCarran. 1 arrival = 1 trip.

For example, a few years ago, I had a business trip to San Francisco. While there, I took a quick flight to Vegas and gambled for about 12 hours, and flew back to SFO.
    When my business was done in SF, I then flew to Vegas (as was originally planned), and stayed for two nights....then, I flew home.

I count that as two trips to Vegas, as I had two landings at McCarran.

13. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree with the home to home definition of a trip. We took plenty of trips growing up where we would travel multiple places it was till one trip not any difference between a Black Hill to Yellowstone to Grand Canyon trip and a Vegas to Grand Canyon to Vegas trip. Left home once and returned home once, "Tour of America" once where we dropped my older brother off at home in the middle and even stayed at home that night. That pop up camper needed to air out as I recall. Still one trip in my book.

Fall Spectacular...
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I"ll drink to that! :beer:

And that too!:beer:

15. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, plenty of times we've gone to Vegas, then put in some days in Mesquite or St. George, Zion or Flag, before heading back for more Vegas. One trip. Now one time Terri drove up with me, we did our time, she flew home and I stayed through the week, and she flew in for the weekend and then we drove home. The score on that one was Terri - 2, Ken - 1.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I have ever updated my trips since I created my account. Do most of you update after every trip?

Mark

17. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My problem is I never really kept track of Vegas trips in the early years, so my trip count is my best guesstimate and could be off by a trip or two.

I'm well beyond being off by a trip or two. I found myself counting the number of properties where I had stayed multiple times and declared a ceremonial fiftieth trip. From there I counted up to seventy before I lost interest. I'm now over a hundred without regrets. I kind of hate getting off of an airplane and not being in Vegas, so I told my wife if she wants to travel more we'll have to move there.

18. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically update mine within a few days of getting home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.