1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Not my problem, I'm retired... Aug 22-26

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by SandsFan, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped looking at the market three weeks ago, life is much less stressful! Will check again in late Oct after last vacation of the year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey that is a great plan. With retirement I have severance, vacation and pension paying out in cash. Not sure if I should invest now or wait. Crazy market [emoji12]

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats to @SonOfSandsFan for finally getting a Royal! Hope there are even bigger ones to come!

4. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Day 4

We moved to the D around noon. B was up or still up when I went down and looked rough. He fell asleep in the Cromwell sports book while I was shopping. I encouraged him to go to the room and take a nap. When it came time to catch the limo, he wouldn't answer the phone and I had to go up to wake him. Decided to get him a 2 pm checkout and he continue napping until airport time. Also gave the house keeping $10 to go beat on his door before 2 pm. I think he was a bit wound up from getting his first RF that he stayed up. He played bubble craps a lot last night and had a great time learning and visiting with other people.

Limo was great riding over to the D as it's set up with a nice bar. The limo is huge and could seat a lot of people. The D had someone waiting to meet us when we arrived and walked up in to the VIP check in. Worked out really nice. I and E wanted to go to the golden gate to play. When we did my card wouldn't work so they gave me new ones which didn't have my free play on it for the D. Fortunately I was able to get it corrected and use the free play before I left.

We had a very nice dinner at Andiamos then I went to my table game to play a few hours. I was very fortunate to hit a wild RF for $3000 which helped recover a bit of the losses from the strip. I'll try to post a few photos from my phone.

Day 5 was just getting home. The D had a limo lined up to take my to the airport which was nice. It was 7:45 am but I still grabbed a drink from the bar on the way to the airport. Flight was out of the same termnal as the United Club so popped in there for a drink and snacks. United will stop allowing members come in when they are on other airlines. I am afraid that will be the end of my United credit card which gives me access. I don't fly United enough to justify keeping.

Overall a good time visiting with my older boys and daughter in law but a brutal trip gambling. I plan to get seven star this year but will let it go after this year. Just not worth it with the bad trips I have had. I'll probably take up the self comp approach others have mentioned here in the past and drop to a low roller.

Until next time

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update to this. E had two more AWAKs for a total of 4. All one TDD I believe

7. SonOfSandsFan

SonOfSandsFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to try and post my pics from this trip if it'll let me...[​IMG]

8. SonOfSandsFan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    still not working... doesn't look like I'll be able to contribute to this weekends trip report either :(

9. SonOfSandsFan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Testing 1,2,3..[​IMG]

10. SonOfSandsFan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Testing 1 2 3[​IMG][​IMG]

11. SonOfSandsFan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like we might be in business...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great hopefully you will be able to upload this coming trip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.