1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No thanks in this Thanksgiving TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Joe, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't check out Dave's bartops, but the old San Francisco has the new, lower paytables and so does the new sportbook. My beatdown started on #1.

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to go to the Holy Cow on Sahara . Now we go here.
    http://www.bigdogsbrews.com/about/

3. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, I hate trips like that! Let's make Christmas one to celebrate! :santa: We'll be there, probably on the VP machines Main Street side of the cage or on the Craps table.... WD cut way back on the drinking so we don't hang at the bar too much anymore.:rolleyes2:

Annual Christmas trip is still on.......
    Hoping.....
  4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes Joe, that sure wasn't a great trip for you. You've played enough to know that bad trips happen but it sure doesn't make it any easier. Isn't it always the way that just when your luck is finally turning, it's time to go home. Hopefully that last day of luck will continue on your Christmas trip.

You did get some nice hands though and pictures too. Congrats to your wife on her Royal!

That is crazy about the line up for the buffet. It must be good on Thanksgiving. We've always enjoyed the MSS buffet but no food anywhere would be good enough to stand in that kind of line.

I give you credit for doing a trip report Joe. It's not much fun writing about a losing trip.

5. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally get your frustration with the losing....I was at MSS over Halloween and just couldn't get anything going (tho I play at MUCH lower stakes than you...lol)
    Appreciate your details and pix

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been meaning to go there on a trip. Have you tried any of their own brews? Any recommendations? I had their IPA before, it was pretty good.

I agree, but apparently many others do not...

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're Hefe Weiss fans and they make a good one.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  8. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear your luck wasn't quite there this trip. Hopefully you can bounce back on your next one to make up for it.

I spent a lot of time playing VP at the Boar's Head bar on Thanksgiving and that buffet line behind me was ridiculous. We ended up eating at 777 around 7ish and there was absolutely no wait at all. We walked right in and were immediately seated at a table. The place was pretty packed when we walked by earlier in the day but when we went in there and ate it was relatively slow.

9. billy_casine

billy_casine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's unfortunate

10. Lovegas95

Lovegas95 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report Joe as usual under not-so-great circumstances. Thanks for sharing your experience.

WOO! IT'S ABOUT TIME!
    NEW VEGAS!
  11. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW! that buffet line, no thanks. people talk about that buffet as if it is really good. it is just ok, not awful. it is pretty standard Boyd bland. I eat it when it is free or some kind of good discount and I know exactly what to expect. if I see a long line as I approach, I turn around. even at free it is not worth waiting for. I am glad you had some good wins even if you don't feel like it was a good trip.

12. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the Holy Cow we now go to "Rum Runners" for Packer Games if not on the local networks.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.