1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFR rodeo. How big of a deal?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by rhubba78, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to plan a trip to see George Strait. The best hope for reasonable flights and rooms is December. I just realized last night that it was rodeo week. Does this draw enough people to affect room rates?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a pretty damn big draw, but IMHO appears to majorly affect southern properties like South Point, Silverton, M, Hard Rock more so.

3. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a reason George Strait is in LV then.

It affects room rates relative to the following week, which is absolutely dead, but it's not usually that bad

The crowd is pretty rodeo heavy, you may like it

I'd add that some strip properties invest a little more in it than others - I think the Mirage does a fair amount, for example.

4. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your feedback.

5. rhubba78

rhubba78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really a rodeo person, but may one of the last times to see George Strait in concert. I will probably look into staying in the TMOBILE area.

6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been to Vegas the last three years for Rodeo week. It wasn't planned its just my birthday. We didn't even now about the rodeo our first trip until an older cowboy on the shuttle told us about it. He told my wife not to get sweet talked by any good looking cowboys because she had one sitting by her side already. He was the first Vegas person we ever met. Classic.

Our only other trip was two weeks ago and defn the crowds are bigger during rodeo. The people are of all ages and we find them to be generally polite people that are just out to have a good time. We have met tons of really nice people. In December a young cowboy got off his chair at a roulette table and offered it to my wife and her friend with a tip of the hat. You get the odd drunken yahoo on the strip but that happens every day.

There are lots of free concerts at night at MGM, The Mirage and The Orleans. We had the best time at The Orleans last year. They had a band and a dance on and cheap drinks if you weren't gambling. The craps tables are lively. Fremont St has neat vibe to it with all of the boots and cowboy hats.

MGM and The Mirage are heavy with rodeo people because of the special events and so is The Orleans. We stayed at the Aria 3x and it isn't rodeo heavy by any means. I had some good room offers from them last December. $69 weekend rates.

7. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stumbled into the rodeo crowd several years ago. My only December trip. I was on a comped offer from Luxor. I couldn't figure out why there were so many cowboy hats there and why country music was being played. An employee told me about the rodeo.It was the first I had heard of it. I didn't think the crowd was bad.

8. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't like country music or cowboy hats but gambling with drunk rodeo attendees is about as fun as it gets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Vegas during NFR; enjoy!

Kelly Clarkson and Keith Urban Concerts
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.