1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL to tarp front rows of seats and allow ads

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by rooster42000, Jun 28, 2020.

1. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady # 1

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am of bad attitude about this lately. You think there's any way they could end up just cancelling the whole season? Curious, do the players get paid if there's no season?

3. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why do you think this is unbelievable? If they can't sell those seats to fans, and get the ancillary revenue from concessions and parking, this is a way to monetize them. While the premier league "quilt" is an interesting look, I would not be surprised if it were to look more like the area behind home plate in baseball where the ad is superimposed, so the ads can rotate or potentially even be targeted to specific viewers.

4. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady # 1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Imagine your a Raiders season ticket holder and you got front row or second row seats , You lose them?? Read what Marc Davis thinks about it on one of the links. It's absurd !!!!!

“I can’t imagine telling one fan they cannot attend the opening game of our inaugural season in Las Vegas at the most magnificent stadium that they helped to build. Let alone tell 3,500 fans that their seats are gone for the entire season,” Davis said.

5. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The owners vote was 31 to 1. Don't see that being reconsidered. If creating some separation between the fans (assuming there even are fans in the stadiums when the season starts) and the players is what the union demanded to go forward with the season, that seems like a small price for the owners to pay

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it’s naive for any fans or owners to think we are going to have packed full stadiums in the coming months.

It is not going to happen. Perhaps the other 31 owners and the rest of the NFL already know that and that’s why Davis is the lone dissenter.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They probably won’t let fans in IF they even play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zombie Al Davis doesn't give a fuck

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sports without fans is like sex with a rubber.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in this position with my local college football team. I have front row seats, and have been informed via email that *if* the season occurs and *if* they allow fans at all, that I may be moved to any available seats, on a per game basis, to allow for social distancing, and that I would get my original seats back if or when full games and attendance are allowed, as long as I continue to pay full price for all tickets in the interim.

It sucks, but honestly I cant think of a better option, other than allowing us to retain seats and priority without buying this year, which would allow them to free up more space for distancing, but also hit them in the revenue. Havent heard any plans to sell ads but either way, they wont be allowed to fill those seats anyway, in any sport, until it is allowed by local and state governments, and I wont speculate again on when that will be.

If they're opener, I'll probably go.
    If they're open at all, and I go to Luxor, good chance I go here too
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh...You're better off...

Florida State nis going to be a shitshow for the next 5-6 years. :poke:;)

The Willie Taggert hire was a disaster...I'm a Gator, I know all about bad coaching hires...lol

Jeremy Foley (thankfully our old AD) hired the following failures: Ron Zook, Will Muschamp, and Jim Mclewain...

Regardless, hope and pray they play this year. I cannot imagine Saturdays in the fall without football.

Reno to Las Vegas...and other places in between..
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow.

The Pats took out about the first dozen rows in six end zone sections 5 years ago to put in a "field lounge."

The existing season ticket holders got screwed big time.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lambeau Field, season ticket holder here. We are in row 30 on the 20 yard line, but since Lambeau is a guaranteed sellout every game, what are they going to do? Everybody moves up six rows and the top six rows lose their seats??

If there are fans in the stands this season, it should be interesting to see what they do. I have already decided I am not going to any games this year, but keeping my season tickets of course.