1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL 2015 Week Five

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by UKFanatic, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should have followed Dutch's lead and avoided the game tonight. Houston D just had Matt Hasslebeck shred them all game and look like Tom Brady. I can't even comprehend that lol.

2. arrgy

arrgy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ATL -7.5 (This line is a joke should be double this at home)

Also, read somewhere that off a bye week, Brady is undefeated ATS, when favored by 7 or more.

3. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Desperation is motivational in high school and college. Arizona is fundamentally sound and Detroit is not. Take AZ all day and don't look back. Despite the outcome, AZ is the proper bet. Stafford is a pick machine. AZ has incredible dbacks. Bad combination.

Nick likes the Bears with the points this week and anyone playing SF as well.

Nick:beer:

4. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Emotional/desperation plays are pervasive throughout all sports/all levels. You could argue it's why the "any given Sunday" idiom exists.

I'm with you though. I think Arizona is the much better football team and should win easily.

I just worry about "any given Sunday."

5. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still stinging from a 9-team winners parlay (which included the Giants and Bears) last week. Needed Arizona outright for the 9th leg. $10 paid $1,275. But that's a parlay for you.

This week:

STL +9
    Jax +3
    Dal +10
    NYG -7

6. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

AZ -3
    GB -9
    NO +5
    Sea ^43.5
    SD -3
    This week's plays for me.

7. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    128 NCAA D1 schools in this country and i have to spend my Thursday evening watching the Hasselback/Hoyer show. Can someone please explain to me why the NFL can make so much money off of such a garbage product at the QB level???

Honestly name 5 great QBs in the NFL right now. I have the following:

1 - Rodgers
    2 - Brady
    3 - Brees
    4 - Peyton???? - not sold on this guy so far this year.
    5 - Some Guy......

8. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    L
    I would argue that any given Sunday reversals are due to game planning, exploitation of matchups and execution or lack thereof. The rah rah pep rally shit doesn't cut it in today's NFL if the other team has the advantage on the overall combination of speed, strength, agility, preparation and desire. The bottom line is that Tampa can get all wound up over Emotional Occurance X and when they play New England on Sunday, they just don't have the horses or the preparation. Proof positive is NE's ability to out maneuver and out prepare other teams with athletic advantages. NE isn't the fastest or strongest or certainly not the most athletic team in the league, but they game plan better than anyone in the history of the game. The opposing team can raise the roof with their pregame rituals, but the proof is in the proverbial pudding.

9. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Matt Ryan, Eli, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford, Red Rifle, Marcus Mariota etc. Ryan and Eli are on the cusp of elite status. Brian Hoyer is a capable QB that has had the luxury of playing in Cleveland and Houston. There is a disparity between the top and bottom QB's in the league, but I don't think it's out of control. Remember that JaMarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Andre Ware and Ryan Leaf were once starters in this league.

10. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:

I like the picks. I have to ask though... Seattle on the over with 2 solid defenses in the Bengals and Seahawks?

11. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

The over is 16-5-1 the last 22 games in Cincy. Also I heard a stat where teams coming off a Monday night game the next week hit the over around 75% of the time. Agreed on surface I leaned under then looked at it a little more. Packers scare me most, homer pick. Starting to lean Jags a bit more I look. Charger are my strongest lean for sure.

12. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'm going to the game but am still not gonna bet the pack.

13. firemanpete3

firemanpete3 Low-Roller

Was at Seahawks game and just got back from Frisco for the niners game. I took GB for a little action since I was going. Was surprised how pricey Sundays tix are on stubhub.

14. reedy

reedy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Matty Ice - yes. Eli - depends what week. The rest - just terrible.Capable is not cutting it for me.

15. PaulBowdry

PaulBowdry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Seattle this week straight up with the ML. Not impressed with who the Bengals have played so far. They should have won all those games. Bengals beat the Ravens. Ravens are a good team but look like they are still in the preseason. Flashes of great then nothing. Kam Chancellor had no training camp he will only improve the team. Seattle isn't what they were in the past years but a good team. Hard to go undefeated as well. A loss would hurt Seattle worse.

Good luck to everyone.

16. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started off this year 10-3-1 and wanted to keep that rolling this weekend!

However I bought into the Texans the other night. I bet not so much on Houston but more or less the fact that the reports of Hasselbeck being half dead and then the whole road team on a short week thing. Silly me. Although it looked ok there for awhile until Hoyer did what Hoyer does.

So that puts me at 10-4-1 with the following pending;

Denver -4.5
    St Louis +9
    New England -8.5

Hopefully the Pats blow Dallas out 51-7 and the other two do their thing and cover. The Rams pick worries me because (and I took them last week against ARZ +7) they seem to lay down when not playing division games (see the gag job in Washington in wk2)

17. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KC -9 bet of the week
    NY Giants -7. Headed in the right direction. Unfortunately I expect them to win their division. Sorry Philly
    Den -5

18. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Put a half bet on Green Bay because I was at the game and won.
    My bet on Seattle pushed.
    Looking good so far on the Patriots to cover.

Just went PT style with a Giants/Chargers ML parlay to try and get a winning wek through. Like both teams quite a bit, but the line on San Diego snuck up to -4. More comfortable with the Moneylines.

19. leftcoast

leftcoast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F Me.
    Bet 2 games.
    Sea +3
    Buf-1
    :grrr:

20. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went two and two for the week, losing thirty bucks. I can live with that