1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFC is back! Chicago/Laughlin/Vegas. Jet-skis. UNLV Library. Pizza. Probably some gaming too.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by notfromconcentrate, Aug 25, 2018.

1. SteveO

SteveO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you're okay. Glad you did the trip. Glad you did the trip report.

You just keep on writing the way you see them!

• Like Like x 1
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! It was nice meeting you!

3. MacAttack

MacAttack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, and like tring said above, it was great to meet you two legends of the site!

• Like Like x 1
  4. notfromconcentrate

notfromconcentrate High-rolling diner. Low-rolling gambler.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, here’s one last update on this trip report…

- I’m doing much better now. Still can’t lay on my stomach, but I can easily move around with very little restriction from the injury. Never had to take my narcotic painkillers.

- Out of my own curiosity, I’ve rounded up the final bills from the hospitals/providers. In the first photo below is the bulk of it, from the first ER that I went to, in Arizona. The grand total came to just over $40,000 USD. In total I received, at maximum, about five hours of actual treatment. This is why you get travel insurance!

Kinda/sorta related, I just did my Total Rewards comp trip to Atlantis last week. It was fun, and very inexpensive compared to the “retail rate”. In total, I got five nights at an all-in cost of $489 USD in a Coral Tower room (got upgraded from Beach Tower, since it’s closed this time of year). Plus a free shallow-water dolphin interaction, a sushi/sake sampler at Nobu (this is some of the best sushi I’ve ever had), and two free drinks at Olives (which included their $24 per glass Laurent-Perrier champagne, but that was nothing special, glad I opted for the mojito after). I also won $50 in freeplay in their daily slot tournament. If I can be honest, Atlantis is overrated. Aside from Nobu, the food was underwhelming (and overpriced, but that’s normal for islands). Additionally, it’s very isolated from the main island of Nassau. The waterpark was fantastic though. My conclusion is that you’d have to be out of your mind to pay full price to stay here (the room/resort fees/maid gratuities at the retail rate for my days came to more than $1,400!). But as long as I stay Platinum and I get this at a heavy discount every year, I’ll do it!

To JohnZimbo, I send my regrets that Dallas is now no longer in my plans. Will definitely message you if I end up going there at another time.

Also, it’s still in the “spreadsheet” phase, but I’ve got a December Vegas trip in the works for NFR. The way it’s looking is I’ll be doing Vegas in the second week or so of December, then up to Tahoe for a few days, then back down to Vegas (probably going to play in Gold Coast’s three-day slot tournament, which I got invited to). It remains unlikely that I’ll be doing a live TR, but very possible that I’ll do a semi-live. I keep going back to my 23-day TR and I thank myself for taking the effort to create memories of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. rooster42000

rooster42000 Patriots #1

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are a Classic dude, Good luck in December.

6. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to hear you're doing better.

7. tornadobox

tornadobox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If our December dates line up, I'd love to see if we can say hi in person!

8. Johnzimbo

Johnzimbo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NFC at the NFR? NFW! :)

Big Game weekend again
    • Funny Funny x 5
  9. VPDeuces

VPDeuces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m really glad to hear you’re on the mend, and thanks for the info about Atlantis! I’ve always wondered about those trips.

10. NittyOne

NittyOne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Over $25K for CT scan, what a racket.