1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Way for Taxi drivers to long haul you

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Grandad, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Because a Taxi is cheaper with 3 or more and much more convenient. From most of the strip it's the same price for 2. It's only cheaper if your by yourself.

2. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me, i am on vacation and do not want to waste time at the airport. i damn near sprint to the taxi/uber line and want to get to the hotel as quick as i can. If i traveled solo and on a budget then the wax or shuttle would be more appealing to me..

3. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

As others have mentioned, if there are 2 or 3 or more in your party the cab would be the most economical.

With the shuttle you first have to wait until the shuttle fills up before they leave the airport. Then it is a crap shoot if you are the first person or the last person to get to your hotel. With the downtown shuttle they may also stop at some of the strip properties first (like The STRAT , etc.) or if it is off hours they may combine strip and downtown shuttles (guess which group gets dropped off last - you guess it, downtown!) so it may take an hour or longer to get to your hotel. Once it took me an hour and a half on the shuttle to get downtown. They went to many of the strip properties and finally went downtown but I was the last person dropped off.

Many people are impatient and don't want to stop off at the other hotels before they get to their hotel so they just take a cab for convenience. The other problem is with your bags, with a shuttle there may be limited space with a full shuttle, once I had to put my rollaway carryon on my lap because the luggage compartment was totally filled.

The wax is fine if you want to save a few bucks but the wax doesn't drop you off directly in front of your hotel so if you have luggage you have to lug your bags to your hotel.

After paying a hundred or more (or less) on a hotel room and $10 to $30 or more on resort fees some people don't mind paying an extra $10 or more to catch a cab to go directly to your hotel. To each his/her own, some people would rather scrimp on the taking a shuttle or Wax over a cab, others don't want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.