1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Total Rewards (micro-roller) player, goodbye MLife?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by dmc25, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc25

dmc25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last weekend, went up to Paris from Mandalay Bay and played $25 blackjack for 6 hours. Got a TR card when I sat down. Bought in for $500, left up $200. The dealers there were great, by the way. Had an absolute blast. Checked the TR website this morning, and I've got 4-5 comped nights at multiple properties coming out of my ears! Is this typical? Guessing more of a "gateway drug" offer? I've heard and read CET was more giving with room comps, but I'm shocked!

2. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

With that level of play on one night, yea you're good to go with offers. I've done less play and am getting comps. Remember though, comps are misleading. TR rooms are much cheaper than the MLife equivalent (well except for Luxor and Excalibur). So take the comps in context. Also, they won't offer you certain rooms when you're on a comp if your play doesn't warrant it. I don't get comped Masquerade rooms at Rio or Jubilee Rooms at Ballys. Well, not yet at least. We'll see what happens in April when I'm there :D

3. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely partly a teaser offer, most likely they will want more play to keep up those offers. TR has always been more generous with comp rooms. Also you have a strong ADT because you played one day for 6 hours. They might expect you to play that much, or more, every day of your 4-5 night comped trip. As above, keep in mind that the room quality is not as good as most Mlife properties so the easy comp rooms are on par with Luxor/Excalibur, not Mandalay bay. But if you can get their nicer updated rooms comped then take advantage!

4. dmc25

dmc25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Works for me! I don't even get Excalibur/Luxor comps anymore. Used to get three nights for less play. I finally realized the room doesn't really matter, just a place to lay your head and shower in the morning/afternoon. Payed $160 a night at Mandaly, for a beautiful suite no doubt, that I was never in...

5. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never stayed at CET. put through about $100 coin in at Harrahs 1 day(broke even). Have 4 nights Rio in May and got 3 nights at Harrahs for August in the redone Carnaval South rooms. Of course resort fee has to be paid, so about $33 a night.

6. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, typical. I know somebody who dropped 25-30 bucks over an hour and had free rooms all over at CET the next day.

7. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Now that's crazy!

8. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No CET property is at all like Mandalay Bay. Just keep that in mind.

9. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

So with all these warnings about cet rooms- if my favs on the strip that I've stayed in are Mandalay and Delano, with mirage and mgm a toss up but not really somewhere I love, and Luxor being least desirable- does that mean CET probably isn't for me? I can't afford Wynncore, but how would Cosmo and v/p compare to cet rooms vs mlife rooms? What sort of coin-in do you think I'd need for like an hour or two of slot action to get a decent teaser?

10. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

I think our comments were to make the point that on the whole, MLife has nicer properties. The reality is, The Cromwell and Caesar's offer great rooms. Harrahs, Bally's and PH offer renovated rooms that are worthwhile and the Masquerade rooms at Rio are pretty nice. Paris rooms are okay but I'd rather stay at the renovated rooms at the other hotels I mentioned.

11. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, that would be pretty typical.

If that is your daily average, you will probably get mediocre reward credits, but excellent calendar comps. And booking through the calendar will let you do up to 5 nights.

Word of warning - those comps will still charge the resort fee unless/until you hit Diamond tier or unless you actually get the attention of a host (I can't speak to what that would take, but likely enough that you'd be diamond in short order anyway).

12. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer the CET program and comps to MLife. I, for one, just don't see the MLife rooms being so superior. Stayed most recently at Bellagio and thought it was meh. Sure, lots of fancy stuff in the lobby, but not some holy grail property. Plus, even on a 3 night comp with $300 f/b credit, I had to pay $100 in resort fees--which I hate. As a low diamond for years, I haven't had to pay any resort fee at any CET Property. I usually stay at Paris or Caesars, have done Cromwell 1 time. Plus, I hear that there will be renovations going on soon at some CET properties, including Paris.

13. ab562

ab562 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I lost $250 and got nothing, not even a buffet. Maybe once my other offers dry up i'll change to CET but for now the Cosmo has all my gaming.

14. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I first switched to CET I was getting tons of offers and even $300 Free Play.
    A few years later and I gamble much more now than I did back then.
    The numerous room offers are still there but now only $30 Free Play.

15. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're actually quite happy with the Flamingo. Love the location,and the wife really enjoys seeing the ducks being fed. I am a minor player, yet do get comp rooms in the "lower end" properties most of the time. I sometimes see comped nights at higher end properties, but I'm not gonna fly to Vegas to get two comped nights at Caesars with $150 a night thereafter. I played only once at an MLife property, get loads of "discounted room" offers, but with the resort fee these rooms aren't so cheap anymore. We stayed at Harrah's once, it was OK. I'd like to also try Bally's and the Linq- they are also in the same central location, but I feel comfortable now that we've been at the Flamingo a coupla times. CET sends me a number of offers, but I've found I do better on the TR website; and again, I'm not going to make a last minute trip for a few bucks of free play!

16. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your offers are not 'teaser' offers. This is how easy it is to get rooms with CET. They understand that guests usually do almost 90% of their gambling at the property in which they stay. Their properties aren't quite as nice as Mlife but they're plenty nice. Rooms at Caesars, PH and Cromwell are very nice. If you're younger, hanging at these properties will be a great vacation for you. That being said, only you can tell if the vibe of the properties is right for you.

17. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:

You sure about that? What's the theo of 6 hours of $25 BJ, ~$75? So ~$25 is the comp rate for most CET rooms? How many Tier Credits does play like that earn? I would be surprised if it was more than a few hundred.

I have a feeling if I just randomly played 6 hours next time at a CET Vegas property at the $25 level, I would not get a free room. I have a poor history there.

18. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms are easy to get (except at Caesars, Paris and Cromwell), comps past that are not so easy. They want players in their properties, especially slot players.

19. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are relatively easy vs. most places on the strip, I agree, but I still figured at least a couple hundred tier per day was needed for a room (I don't get that much, so I can't speak from personal experience). For slot players that's only ~$100 theo a day.

20. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms at Caesars Palace in the Augustus or octavious towers are equivalent to bellagio or aria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.