1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Pizza Place at Aria

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by jr7110, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am currently in Vegas and decided to try the new Five 50 Pizza Place at Aria that opened yesterday.

It was WAY overpriced and not worth it at all - the slices are TINY - and I mean TiNY (think of what a slice of quiche looks like) and true to the name of the place, each mini slice is $5.50!!! Two slices for $11.00 do not even equal one normal regular slice anywhere else. Last night all they had left was Margherita pizza (I was told it was a 40 minute wait if I wanted another kind!!!) so that is what I tried - it was just ok, certainly not worth $5.50.

For slightly more than the cost of two of these ridiculous slices, you can get an entire pie at Wolfgang Puck right next door at Crystals (yes, even to go, and without an insane 40 minute wait) and Wolfgang Margherita pizza blows the $5.50 slice right out of the water.

Two thumbs down with a recommendation to avoid.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I appreciate the review and I'm sure the others do here, you should take the time to Yelp about it. Yelp is my go-to for restaurant reviews and I know most restaurants keep an eye on Yelp reviews (I know many restaurant/bar owners and all of them monitor reviews on Yelp).

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, and that one Yelp review is from a first time poster (think friend or relative or management).

I agree, Yelp is a broader way to vent. But thanks for the review as I did have this place in mind for my next trip.

5. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that too and was thinking the exact same.

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted here to let fellow members know, as this place has been discussed and I knew that people were looking forward to sampling it - but Yelp is a great suggestion - thank you. I will repost my review of this spot there later on.

7. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review! You saved me from heading there tonight to try a slice (although I'm curious as to whether the actual made-to-order pizzas would be better).

I was not very fond of Sage and was hoping Shawn McClain would redeem himself with an amazing pizza place. So much for that.

8. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome - it wasn't the worst pizza ever but it was average - and if a place is going to charge those kinds of prices for such a tiny slice it had better be mind-blowing. It wasn't.

Every new place that opens is going to get an initial curious crowd, but there are so many options in Vegas that the place is going to end up a ghost town if they don't step up their game.

9. mansam

mansam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting ~ I had planned on trying it on my stay at Aria in about a week. I would think some one from Brooklyn knows decent pizza so I guess I'll wait until I get back home & make my own!

Back to Wynn to Win!
  10. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you for the review

it looks as though the insiders are out in full force already blowing wood fired smoke up people's butts

http://www.yelp.com/biz/five-50-pizza-bar-las-vegas

these remind me of some of the reviews of Cosmo.....people talking all about the things that are listed right on the promotions literature and using lots of !!!!! in their reviews

I notice both of the people that reviewed in the link above are from north Las Vegas and one even admits to being an employee of Aria and obviously did not pay for anything......and the other acts as though paying $30 for a pretty ordinary looking pizza is some type of thrill of a lifetime

and if you look at the photos of the first one there is one photo with someone looking sad because they have waited 20 minutes for their pizza already....I realize it is a sit down restaurant and it is opening night, but just the other day I got a 16" pizza for under half that price from my local place and it was ready in under 10 minutes for me to pick up....I don't think it took 20 minutes for me to call in the order, stop at the ATM, get some drinks at the Cstore, get the pie, and get back home and start eating it...much less the 40 minutes they told you which I completely believe is what they told you

Yelp reviews are highly questionable especially when a place first opens and you can pretty much cross it off as garbage the minute the person starts talking about awards, types of crystal in the chandeliers, what type of fabric is in the drapes, thread counts in the sheets or any other marketing literature BS

oh yea one other thing....I again find your review much more believable especially on the size slices and I find that even more terrible because around here every place that sells slices actually cuts those slices from a pie that is larger than their standard large pie.....if a large pie is 16" the slices are from an 18" or 20" pie......not from a personal pan pizza and the slices from the 16" pie I got here locally the other day would have covered that plate from one side to the other and I had to stack two slices on top of each other on the plate there is no chance they would have laid side to side and had the edges of the plate still exposed.....the tip of the slice here would be hanging off the edge of that plate and the crust would be even with the other edge and that was from a 16"

11. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was your Yelp review deleted? I saw it on there and now there are only the two new reviews (one from an Aria employee and one from a Yelp Elite).

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  12. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the link I posted is a different link than the one where the OP did their review

13. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. donof

donof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It says the counter is open late..........but the hours are stated as midnight? That's actually a bit early as I like to eat pizza at around 3am. Maybe the counter is open later. Since when is midnight considered late in Vegas.

15. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is definitely not big - the slice is a bit smaller than if you took a regular size slice at any neighborhood pizzeria and cut it in half. It is definitely less than half the size of the slice in that ad!!!! It is very pricey for the size you get.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.