1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas FreePlay Restrictions

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jgates8, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for posting. So glad I saw this. I have redeemed FP every trip and planning on it again. It is such a waste of time for me, I am glad I don't have to log in 5 times a day collecting chips. The only clarification I would like is to confirm if I'm staying on a comp at Bellagio can I still get free play at Aria? I am assuming mlife is mlife. They must have lost a bundle in ppl using freeplay and walking. .

2. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are staying at Bellagio you could never get freeplay at Aria. That has always been the case. You can only get it from the property where you are staying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 20hof

20hof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend just stayed at Luxor on a room comp with FP and RC and was still able to use the 25 and 50 free play. It was purchased in January...

4. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am planning a trip in Aug/Sep, and I found great deals at Harrah's, Tropicana, and TI. However, just to be able to use MyVegas loyalty points on freeplay, I was looking deliberately to find good offers on Mlife hotels. Does this rule apply to discounted rates through 3rd parties? If I get a deep discount room at say Luxor via Expedia, can I use $50 and $25 freeplay?

If not, then basically after 10+ visits, I'll put an end to my Mlife loyalty. I had already split my trip into 50-50 Strip/Downtown and for the Strip portion, I will not favor Mlife hotels over others all else being equal.

5. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at NYNY end of February on a mlife comped room. Hubby and I redeemed free play with no problem other than a really rude mlife customer service guy. Commented "that's way too much of free play" cause of the mlife offer and the myvegas free play all together came to over $200. He was just rude but did it. Maybe cause it was late at night and he as hoping not to have to do it I don't know just a nasty guy

6. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Should be fine going 3rd party. Nobody has discussed this as a potential issue.

7. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VegasSchemer is definitely mistaken about this. They will not let you use those rewards on a 3rd party booking, I know this from first hand experience. Eksantirik, have you checked the rates available to you through MLife's website? I'm a total low roller, and I still find that they're almost always better than the 3rd party sites anyway.

EDC
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know.

9. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used MyVegas freeplay before, but I was booking through Mlife. This time my Mlife offers suck. I used to get free rooms, I once was Pearl etc. But it seems like I low-played them the last couple of times, hence the offers disappeared.

Last time I checked almost every Mlife hotel was cheaper on Expedia than my tier offer on Mlife.com. So I skipped Mlife altogether and booked Harrah's for my Strip portion.

10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to veer this off the original topic for a second, but mLife properties will price match (actually, they will beat the price by 10%)
    http://www.mgmresorts.com/best-rate-guarantee

11. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have over 1 million LP's with nothing good to buy since my next trip I'll be staying at Cosmo. It was fun while it lasted.

• Like Like x 1
  12. thunderdave

thunderdave Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I stayed at Mirage last week. We each used the following MyVegas Rewards, with no problems at all:
    1 Night free stay
    1 lunch buffet
    1 - $25 Free Play

13. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I was thinking. just book your free rooms & play thru My Vegas. or just stay some where else. get your free stuff and LEAVE.
    A lot milfe properties are getting pretty dated any way. MGM THE NEW CET.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  14. Edserv

Edserv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, if you have a ton of LP just use it for buffets or maybe a LOVE ticket. I'm going in a couple weeks so will see if I can still redeem myvegas freeplay at Mirage even though I'm using an mlife offer also.
    If you have the time to check, some pretty good offers come up for free tickets. I'm thinking about using the Lake Mead paddle boat voucher this trip, but probably won't happen.
    And 9 Fine is always a great deal.
    Cheers,
    Ed.

15. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are at the Mirage right now booked on a comp and I had no problem turning in the $100 freeplay reward

16. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the update! I've got the 2 comped night room reward for Aria in June and I wanted to use the $25 free play reward too. Hopefully it works.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sweetsugar

Sweetsugar Tourist

I have booked a room with smartervegas.(only room no food).
    Then i can`t use freeplay?

18. Loki

Loki Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a four night stay at ARIA. Three days comped. Had no problem using $100 freeplay.

• Like Like x 2
  19. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just spoke to a rep at Excalibur and she said I could use MLIFE 3 nights with 2 of them comped and MYVEGAS Free play. What I can't use it MyVEGAS comp nights and MyVegas Freeplay.

We'll see what happens. Worse case I lose $75 in Free Play.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just tried yesterday at Mandalay Bay on a Myvegas comp night. They wouldn't let us use the myvegas freeplay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.