1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas FreePlay Restrictions

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jgates8, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if you didn't read my reply or refused to acknowledge it but here goes again:

2. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I was trying to balance that info with what it says on the redemption. I'm not sure where the FB group gets their information, so I quoted the MyVegas reply. Worst case - the MLife rep has been told the 'new rules' apply to all; best case - either they don't know, don't care, or have other info.

In any case, not a deal breaker, just annoying. We plan to do 90% of our gambling at Boyd, anyway. Thanks for the clarification.

GG

3. CJ's

CJ's Plumbing the depths of debauchery

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if you wanted the $100 FP offer you basically have to PAY retail / rack rate for your 3 night stay? Yeah right :vomit:
    Oh what about discounted rooms under your card / level status? does that count?

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The FB group that I originally received the info from is an approved MV group - they receive their info directly from Mitzi or Katrina (those are their FB names) who are employed by MyVegas. Doesn't appear the other approved group has received a clarification on some of the questions they presented.

Easter again..:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gotta say - this pretty much kills MyVegas for me.

The Freeplay rewards are what motivated me to play. I used them on just about every trip.

Since these new restrictions have come out, I haven't been playing as much. I haven't been collecting from the strip as much. I just don't care anymore.

I have enough LPs saved up for buffet rewards for multiple future trips. I have no need to really play anymore....

6. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It just keeps getting worse...

7. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer. I always would play just enough to get the free play awards. Nothing else really has any value to me.

March Madness
    Just a quickie...
  8. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well poop. I suppose if I ever use Hotels-dot-com or Orbitz to book Bellagio or similar MLifes that never give me the time of day, maybe then the freeplay would work.

Not giving up on the game until I use some of my 2-night rewards. I still love the Aria breakfast buffet reward, and my brother loves the Tender one, so, bummed but sticking with it.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  9. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing if you book your stay through Priceline, Orbitzs, or any of the other 3rd party sellers you would be able to use the free play.

10. sharper

sharper Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone try to use a free slot play reward purchased before this was announced yet? I got a $25 one a month ago to use in March on an offer I got with buy 1 get one night free at Luxor with $60 free play. Was hoping to have $85 free slot play but that may not be the case now.

11. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This news definitely put one foot on the bus out of myVegas town for me. I've been using it for Borgata until our next trip but, MGM ownership aside, they've already started with the 3 in 30 rolling day restrictions. I may grab a two-night reward, try for Love tickets, and maybe the cruise. Once I spend those, I'll just keep enough around for Borgata and whatever they put out once the conversion to MLife is completed.

12. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other thing about booking through a 3rd party is that you miss out on the tier credits/points you get from hotel spending (i.e. buying the room). Not sure if there's anyway around that.

13. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone report on whether older freeplay purchases without these stated terms were redeemable for freeplay? Whether I make a trip later this month is largely dependent on this.

14. HilliChance

HilliChance Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only a problem if you book with a reward for discount or free room? I still can buy 25 dollar freeplay reward, 50 dollar freeplay reward and a free buffet reward without any problems?

15. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can still get them, you just need to be paying for your room.

16. HilliChance

HilliChance Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem then; I booked by Expedia. Trip from the Netherlands by plane (16h with stop in Dallas), 5 nights stripview Queen Excalibur. 598 p/p. Is it cheaper to book with MyVegas? Thanks!!

17. marktaylor

marktaylor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    got back this morning , had a 2 day mlife comp at Mandalay Bay and used a $25 freeplay myvegas voucher , also had a 3 day comp at excalibur 72 hours later and used a total of £175 freeplay vouchers from myvegas , no one on the mlife desk said anything about it changing

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. boboswisher

boboswisher Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have purchased the $100, $50, and $25 Freeplay rewards for my upcoming comped three-night MLife stay at Aria. I have read over each of the terms of them from cover to cover, and there is absolutely nothing whatsoever to indicate that you need to be PAYING for your hotel room in order to use them........

• Like Like x 1
  19. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the statement, "This reward may not be combined with any other Mlife Rewards offer" is what the rest of the thread references. I take this to mean that, if you're staying at Aria on an MLife comp offer, you can't use the MyVegas freeplay offer. I read from others that they've still been able to use it at other properties. I wish you luck and ask that you report back whether you were able to use your freeplay. I have a trip planned for May, also at Aria and also comped, and would love to use my LPs to redeem some freeplay offers also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I emailed Playstudios/myVegas and here is their response:

"Colin myVEGAS
    February 25, 2017, 17:21 -0500

Generally, MGM will not let you utilize an MLife comp in tandem with a myVEGAS reward."

So I would suggest exercising caution and contacting the property.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.