1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Cosmo Questions thread

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Sgt_Shultz, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After rereading my post in my other thread I decided I had way to much coffee, made things way to complicated, included way to many questions and way to much extraneous info. My bad I apologize. So mods can lock if they think that's better. This time I'll keep it simple.
    On my sept trip I plan to seed/offer match at Cosmo. I will not be playing poker(too many good players arriving for WSOP) so my ADT should be in the $1100 range. If I don't lose way above theo I may do Plaza as well. I Don't believe in "burning them" so if I run bad a few days Plaza will be out this trip.
    On my nov trip I hope to use teaser/match on S,M,T before thanksgiving a historically slow week. Here are my Questions.

What do I need to bring to try to offer match?
    What is the "magic" vp coin-in to generate a 3 night offer 25k, 50k, more, less?
    Is lead time enough?
    If I do get offer, stay and hit 1100 ADT (no poker till I have a history) what can I expect going forward?

Thanks

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a little confused by some of your questions, so I will let others attempt to answer. But if it does impact your plans going forward, Cosmo doesn't have a poker room. It seems you're wanting to play poker once you have an established history of slot play at the resort (I have no idea why; just play what you want when you want). If that is your plan, you need to try somewhere other than Cosmo. Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not really following the question. But I can report that once I started playing consistently... enough to change the algebra on averaging low-play stop-ins with bigger stay-and-play visits...

Getting to 5000 tier credits per day seems to be the minimum I need to generate easily scheduled full comp room offers.... and as the recent-trip average increased due to lower point visits "expiring" freeplay and f&b credit started showing on offers.

To be thorough, I had offers on lower play, but they were limited on calendar, no freeplay or food, etc..

Starting the Holidays Right
    It's been 39 months!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sgt_Shultz

Sgt_Shultz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I as a rule never play poker where I stay(too many trips to the room to re-buy into a game I shouldn't be in). I mentioned it because if I find a beatable game with players who will be around awhile my theo drops and I won't do that until I have enough history to support a low play trip

Thanks for the link I forgot his name

Asking about teaser offers. Don't really care about free play or f&b upfront as long as I have a place to lay my head I just charge to the room and I earn what I earn. It's all the same on the backend

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First try to get an offer match upfront, even if it is only for one or two nights. Cosmo historically likes it better if you stay there rather than do a walk-through.

I don't play much vp, but vp players say Cosmo uses actual theo for video poker as opposed to some rounded off number. But since I don't know what game/paytable you play, I'm gonna round it off to 2% anyway.

So if you say you're gonna generate $1,100 theo a day, that's $55,000 coin-in.

Now theo should be theo, and so for $1,100/day, I think you should be able to get a Terrace Suite ("Terrace Suite" is a specific room type one level below a Wraparound) or a Wraparound. How many nights they offer you can be a function of how long you stay. Stay one night and you may only get a 3 night offer. Stay 3 nights and maintain that play level and you'll probably get a 5 night offer.

I would guess there would be some dining credit and freeplay thrown in as well. Not as sure about the FP, but you are gonna be playing machines, so I don't know why they wouldn't.

For comparison, I figure I normally generate about $400 - $500/day theo max on slots and I get what I consider generous offers - up to a One Bedroom (one notch lower than a "Terrace Suite") any time, plus dining credit and freeplay.

So if you don't need a big room, I think you probably have plenty of space to play less than $1,100 theo/$55,000 coin-in, assuming Cosmo doesn't treat theo from vp differently than slots.

Lead time should be OK. Cosmo generates offers quickly after a stay. Depending on what day of the week you check out, you should have an offer within a week. Check for your offers online, sometimes I get an email and sometimes I don't, but the website often updates first.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Mr. Scripps

Mr. Scripps Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Caught my eye with the comment. Was planning to push some play at the Cosmo to build future offers. Guess I have a couple questions:

Is it better to just book a room or will 10-15k coin in generate movement

Did you see ability to link up with host during stay

How long does it typically take for offers to come

Sunday Funday with a Friday start date
    Super Bowl Weekend Fireworks
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if this is a response to my comment, but:

What I have seen is a few accounts here from people who did walk-ins in the high-4 figures/low 5-figures and they got what I'd consider "short" offers, 2 or 3 nights.

Whereas when you're staying there, half of that play will get you 4-5 night offers.

It seems like Cosmo's approach is that they are more conservative with teaser offers, they make you prove yourself over a longer period.

My experience is that they are fair with back-end comps.

So an offer match is always preferable, otherwise your choices are:

• Do the walk-in and see what happens with offers
    • Or, book a paid stay on a couple of inexpensive nights (they are almost always running publicly available 20% - 30% discount offers) and go for back-end. And my opinion is that it will generate better offers.
    The advantage to the 2nd option is that if you average in the mid-high 4 figures, you probably will be able to get your room comped back-end and so your "investment" is less than if you do a big walk-through with no charges to apply the resulting comp value against. From what I've seen, if I was trying to get established with them now, I'd do the 2nd option.

There is usually a host on duty in the high limit slots room. I think having a host approach you on the floor during a walk-in would be low-probability. The host on duty can give you back-end comps; whether you would be considered "host-worthy" in general is a different question, which would probably be answered by whether or not they give you their card at the same time.

As far as timing of offers, it's been a long time since I did my own walk-through, it was several years ago and I don't remember how long it took but my records show I did about a $1,000 coin-in walk through in July 2014 and my first comp stay was on a 2 night offer in 2015. But much more recent accounts say a $1,000 walk-through won't nearly cut it these days.

When you stay there, you'll usually get an offer within about a week.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. petevegas

petevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my first stay at Cosmo I did option 2...about 4 years ago or so. I booked a fountain view room on a slow midweek and was upgraded to a wraparound at checkin for a nominal amount . checked with the host as i was checking out and was comped the wraparound suite and food and beverage. I put a ton of coin in on VP, and made platinum on that first stay. Still platinum ....haven't seen the wraparound suite since though LOL. but it was a great move. the upfront offers for VP players aren't as great as what i hear slot players get, ....My play is less now than when i started at Cosmo but i have maintained platinum, and my host has been good.

If your play warrants it, you will be taken care of on the back end

• Like Like x 2