1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Choices: PH v. Paris v. Mirage

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Candy Apple, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So looking at different dates in mid April we could stay three nights at Mirage or in the Paris Red Room for $138 a night or Planet Hollywood Hip room for $128 a night. We stayed once at PH and enjoyed it a lot but do like to try different places. Paris location seems absolutely perfect smack dab in the middle of the strip. The bathroom would be larger than Mirage but smaller than PH. This is not the Eiffel view, to keep the price down. Are the beds comfortable at Paris?

What are your thoughts on these three?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are all about the same.

I assume you logged in with you CET number to see if they would offer a discount. Paris is a bit better due to location but only a bit.

3. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the prices include any discounts, taxes, and resort fees.

4. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris #1 amongst the 3 (in my opinion). Not sure of your age, but Planet Hollywood crowd is considerably younger than Paris (IMHO). Haven't stayed at Mirage in 10 years, but play there constantly! Put their crowd in between Paris and PHo!

Paris beds are COMFORTABLE!!

6th wedding anniversary celebration with family
    6th wedding anniversary celebration with family
  5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Champster. I believe the Paris room has a soaking tub too?

6. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, such a tough choice! Paris is the highest in quality I would say. If youve already stayed at PHo and like to try new hotels then skip that one. The Mirage is great, but not as good as Paris. So Paris it is.

7. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris Red Room is better than the standard Planet Hollywood Hip room. Both have much larger bathrooms than Mirage.

8. greekjim

greekjim VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think all the hip rooms are being changed to the ultra hip in planet Hollywood

9. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tubs at Paris are weird,low to the ground, definitely not soaking tubs. I do prefer a red room to the old PHo hip room, the hip room has dinky windows so the room seems really dark.

10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you check out the Mirage tower room in addition to resort room? Not much more in cost than the resort room, with a MUCH bigger bathroom, separate shower and tub.

Attached Files:

11. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mirage room is "run of house" to even get the price in the ballpark.

Taking my chance to get two queen beds.

Resort room looks to be king only.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  12. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed af all three in the last five years. For me it's Mirage hands down. Next Paris and last planet Hollywood (way down the list).

Room quality comparable at Mirage and Paris. Paris gets the edge in being dead center of strip. But it depends what you like and when you're going. Pool at Mirage is one of best on strip. The sports book is one of best around. I personally love being right by Wynn, Venetian, and Caesars. I would try to $20 sandwhich or simply pay for a tower room upgrade for the bathroom but otherwise ifs great.

My wife is pretty tough when it comes to staying somewhere "nice" and our last three trips together were Bellagio, Palazzo, and Mirage and she enjoyed the Mirage most.

13. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the review. If tower rooms are king only though, they're out of the question. We do like the Beatles atmosphere in Mirage.

14. NJbadlands

NJbadlands PH and Cosmo October 11-15/mirage july 11-14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just reread your post and saw you're going in April. If you plan ANY pool time it's Mirage no brainer. If you get a run of house room and ask nicely for queens (or $20 sandwhich) I am confident they'll accommodate.

15. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Despite Mirage having a nicer pool, I actually prefer Paris. At least I can get a seat there. I stayed at Mirage three times now. Went to pool & didn't see an open chair. Last stay was a one night so I didn't even bother to check.

16. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in all 3. From a room & pool standpoint, I'd say Mirage. From a dining and location standpoint, I'd say Paris. I haven eaten multiple times at Gordon Ramsay Steak, their noodle shop and Mon Ami Gabi. From a gambling standpoint, I've had my moments at all 3.

I wouldn't recommend to staying at PH at all. I hosted a conference there a few years back, and 3 folks out of my group had items stolen from their room (laptop, prescription ray bans and a projecter). Reports were filled by each, and the hotel did not reimburse any of them for their losses. They basically told them it was their fault their stuff was stolen. Come to find out later, that PH is notorious for 'pushers'. Individuals walked the halls and pushed on room doors to see if they were not all the way closed. That's how they get into the rooms. So, make sure your door always completely closes if you chose PH.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first choice would be paris

one thing to mention about planet hollywood
    if you have a car and park in the garage, it is a LONG walk from the parking garage to the room elevators

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.