1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New BConnected Feature?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by DrLect, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrLect

DrLect Winning!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I opened BConnected this morning and much to my surprise, saw that I have been assigned a host. With a "contact me" radio button that when pressed, displays his corporate email address and presents a form that can be filled out to contact him through the web site. I have never encountered this individual at the Orleans on our semi-annual trips so I guess I will have to figure out some reason to contact him to solidify this connection. With all the negatives I have read recently about BConnected downgrades, this may be an upgrade?

Other Boyd properties still show as being unhosted.

I guess I will try to find out if his reach extends across the chain or is limited to the Orleans.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much play do you give them?

Taking my nephew along
  3. DrLect

DrLect Winning!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I earned about 125,000 points over three trips to LV in the last year, supplemented by another 125,000 in a couple of stops in Biloxi and Tunica. Points were mostly earned by hours and hours of $0.25 VP.

4. TJC

TJC High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was assigned a host and got the same notification on B Connected after 3 straight trips to Sam's Town Tunica. I didn't contact her on my next trip and she did not contact me while I was there.

I first made Emerald in February and haven't really been impressed with the "perks."

The Emerald Lounge in Tunica is only open on weekends and is nothing special. I'm not sure of the hours for the one in Shreveport, but it is much nicer, plus they have hot food.

Emerald Perks in Vegas are almost non-existent.

The best benefit I've received from being Emerald is the Pearl match and $50 free play I got from the Gold Strike. This parlayed into free parking at MGM resorts in Vegas, which was pretty sweet.

It's a bad time to give any extra play or loyalty consideration to Boyd with even the partial intent of advancing to the Emerald tier. I used to get three free nights in Vegas just for maintaining Sapphire status. That's now gone and I didn't receive anything at all for reaching Emerald status, although a gift was promised.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Emerald Perks in Vegas are almost non-existent."
    I pretty much agree, but Emerald does get you front row parking in the Suncoast parking structure.

6. gregluvsvegas

gregluvsvegas Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see no host assigned @ Fremont.

The only benefit I have seen for getting Emerald status is that I get to go to the head of the line for the buffet. Other written benefits of Emerald is "Priority slot service" (whatever that is). I have seen no difference in how hand pays are administered. Another Emerald perk is "Room upgrades based on availability". I have had no room benefits. In fact, 2 times since being Emerald I have been downgraded from a king non-smoking to a queen single on one visit and a king smoking another. I focused my play with Boyd for the last 2 years because I figured their top tier players would be treated special. They are not. I have seen hosts and even the GM of Fremont buzzing about the gaming floor but they are too busy keeping their Hawaiians entertained that they have no time for anyone else. I won't be Emerald next year.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, nothing like that on my page. I really didint expect it anyway. We are Sapphire and are currently barely keeping that rating at 43k.

Maybe not this year. Looking forward to 2021!
  8. dex844

dex844 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was assigned a host at my designated "home" property around the time I reached Emerald status several years ago. I've never contacted her (or been contacted), but her face always greets me on the web site, although I've subsequently dropped down to Sapphire, and sometimes Ruby.

An important benefit of Emerald status is 3x slot club points on ordinary days without a general multiplier promotion.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point.

Taking my nephew along
  10. MGinCO

MGinCO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's up the the hosts if they want to make their names and photos known.

Since I made Emerald a few years ago, Gold Coast is the only one that does show up.
    I have met with her a few times.

Orleans sent me a postcard with all the hosts names and photos.

MSS...nada. But, I use Ipo or Brenda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.