1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nevyn's Eleven - Semi-live free room heist from CETDorado, Sep19 -Oct 1

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Nevyn, Sep 19, 2021.

1. STS05

STS05 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean this sincerely…
    E7BD9709-C628-41B5-8311-6598C82AD67F.gif
    Fantastic TR!!

Quick Solo Pre-Christmas Getaway
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apologies for dragging out some of these closing thoughts posts. Originally I was going to do a complete costs breakdown, and I have been waiting to make sure my various travel redemptions work before doing final numbers. But that is actually fairly boring and potentially confusing as it would end up split between CAD and USD anyway, so I will skip it. The short version is a I spent a ton on golf and food, and hopefully by the time redemptions are all done and counted I will have spent about 80 bucks on airfare (reward redemption), vegas hotels will have been free, and rental car plus toronto airport parking and hotel should all be covered by travel points from a credit card sign up bonus.

I will wrap the rest up here.

Closing Thoughts : Food

Places that will become an every trip staple:
    • Egg Works? - This will depend on trips with a rental car, but as they have multiple locations and I love my breakfasts I am likely to be back regularly.
    • Lotus of Siam - already was more or less a trip staple

Places I will definitely be back to
    • TJ Birreria - Not quite impressive enough to say it will be an every trip thing, but I will be back for sure
    • Black Sheep - This is again a bit location limited in terms of when or how often I would be back, but I definitely want to try more
    Places I may visit again or may not due to options or other factors
    • Giada - I was suitably impressed by it, but without the celebration dinner there are a lot of spendy places I would like to try before returning
    • CUT - This was the first steakhouse I have done a return visit to, and was still good, but there are still many to try, and other favourites to revisit.
    • Cornish Pasty Co - I would not be opposed to returning, but it is somewhat out of the way, and also a place I'd much rather be hanging out and drinking while eating, which is tricky at a place that needs a special trip
    • Picasso - Amazing restaurant, but also meant as a more one off special experience than something to be repeated for me.
    • Primrose - I could see myself coming back and trying some of their other breakfast options. Would not be back for the same thing.
    • Grand Lux
    Places I likely won't be back
    • Barry's Downtown Prime - It was a nice meal, and did well as a strip style fancy steakhouse downtown. Anyone looking for that, go ahead. But again steakhouse options abound, and Barry's is surrounded by more budget friendly downtown ones, so while I liked it I doubt I'll be back.
    • Crepes and more - If I need to burn through RCs staying at Caesars I could be back, otherwise nope.
    • Pronto by Giada - nope

Future Trip Plans

As stated before, I have 3 future reservations with CET which could constitute my last comps with the program. One is in April and the other two are consecutive in September again. I will in all likelihood take one of those two trips, but no idea which one yet. It will depend on a number of things.

The April trip would likely be bookended by Wynn Slots weekend night stays, so the appeal of that one depends on budget, covid rules, Wynn Slots rules (and whether buffets are back in the app).

The September trip is much less likely to be workable with Wynn Slots as Raiders games and festivals seem to cause lots of weekend blackout dates in the app in September. It could become the more likely choice if boyd comps return for the weekend in between (or something like EI comps me), or just if the April trip falls through.

Either way, I should be taking one last bite at the CET apple in the year to come, with my (probably last) Diamond status and diamond dinner. And that will likely be another no play but probably not a no spend as Mon ami gabi breakfast is likely to lure me back if it isn't too busy.

Based on the length of those trips, either would likely be another golf one. I would actual have to pay car rental, which would be a bummer, but likely to be the plan anyway. And if I do golf, hiking is also likely. I think if I did it again and travel rules remain the same, I would get me return test right at 72 hours and then maybe budget for more poker sessions to close the trip.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the report, and I imagine anyone who read this far did. I had a great time, and will be back next year for one last knife twist at CET.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mr.Aitch33

Mr.Aitch33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was the $400 round at Cascata a reduction in price due to playing both it and Rio Secco? Is there any discount for CET Diamond status? Was that the fee for both rounds, inclusive of the fore caddie?

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    400 was a rough generalization

The double down golf package cost 549 and they told me they did not have any diamond rates on the package. That is 549 for both Cascata and Rio Secco. In the winter I believe this drops to 379, and i think in the summer heat it was mid 400's

You are expected to tip forecaddie on top of that. They suggest 50 and I gave 60.

Basically I booked in high season so paid through the nose. I was referring to it as 400 as that subtracted an "appropriate" amount for the value of the Rio Secco round. High season without the package Cascata charges 449.

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI to yourself and @GamblingGolfer , was just looking on GolfNow and Boulder City does appear there again so seems to be open. Nowhere near the level of the other courses, but a decent local spot for a warmup round.

• Like Like x 2
  6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice write up and recaps!

I think this is the most golf I've seen in one TR. Haha

7. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like 126 holes, which ties my most on a Vegas trip. But I did it in three days. :poke:

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My back hurts just thinking about that

• Funny Funny x 1