1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Neon Museum To Double in Size

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mescalita, May 15, 2019.

1. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From LVA news today:

The Neon Museum is set to lease the nearby 32,000-square-foot Reed Whipple Cultural Center from the City of Las Vegas for $1 per year, allowing it to add an indoor gallery, neon craft demonstrations, classrooms, and offices. In addition, part of the Cultural Center’s parking lot will open up space to expand the boneyard portion of the museum, which is maxed out by its 200 signs. The Cultural Center building opened in the early 1960s as an LDS church and was sold to the city in 1970 for use as an arts venue, but closed three years ago due to disrepair. It will need upwards of $3 million to renovate, but $2.2 million will come from a city grant to the non-profit museum. Phase 1 of the expansion will begin in August and is expected to be completed in the first quarter of next year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great news. I'm a big Neon Museum fan. I actually became a "Frontier" member, which means free admission for the year for me and a guest though I haven't used that perk yet. But, it's great to support the museum, which also gives you free access to hundreds of museums across the country. The Neon Museum folks will give you a list.

Kicking Butt at the Slot Tourney and Winning Mega More at Wynncore!
    Celebrating My Birthday w/MJB + Diana + Winning Mega More at Wynncore!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1