1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need host advice

Discussion in 'Comps' started by betman4711, Feb 9, 2020.

1. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What to do?
    First E-Mail Jan 28th, 2nd E-Mail Feb 6th, Text Message Feb 8th!
    Still no answer...no out of office notice, nothing! I don’t want to call because of the nine hour time difference!

She is my host for 5 years!
    Usually it takes a week for her to respond (which is already long)...WHEN she answers I get everything I want (7 nights @ Four seasons with FP and RC) but the waiting annoys me a lot...

Should I e-mail an other host, which would be difficult because Mandalay Bay has no list of Hosts at the HP!

Thank you!

2. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can bear the time difference, and if you are able to find a way to call a US toll-free number, I would call Mandalay Bay VIP Services (+1 877 632 7500) and ask to speak with a host on duty. Unfortunately, a live conversation over the phone is going to be your best bet. During your evening time would be a good time to call.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, to be honest, also the language barrier is a problem, but thank you!!

• Love Love x 1
  4. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Is it possible that she may have left MB? We had the same thing happen when we tried to email our host at MB (not a woman) for our last trip. We later found out that he had left MB and moved to Red Rock.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with @JulianC - try calling VIP Services at MB and ask for the host on duty.

Your host may have left the property. But you need a new host anyway - there's no excuse for not hearing back in that amount of time, especially if you are playing enough to get 7 nights at Four Seasons.

6. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was on baby break, i contacted a random other host and was told she is back in office! I only asked if she is back...not for help arranging our stay!

I don’t know what the etiquette is about going through a different host!

7. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I average 5k coin in per day on slots...so not really a High Roller

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she was out on break when you originally wrote, she should have had an out of office message queued up.

A week is way too long to wait for a reply anyway. It shouldn't take more than a day, depending on what her regular day off (ie. "weekend") schedule is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. willowox

willowox Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to us-our host at Delano (MB) of many years moved to another state and we weren’t notified and had an upcoming trip. I called VIP services since she was not responding to emails and was told she had left. After a conversation with VIP about how we Vegas we were assigned a new host that they thought would work well for us. He’s worked out just fine. You probably should figure out a way to contact VIP to find out if you need a new host and get a new one that suits your needs. Our new one basically picked up where the old one left off with comps and arrangements. Good luck!

10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, if you are getting 7 nights comped at Four Seasons on that play level, then I change my mind about her. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    She was already back when I wrote her the first time!

She never ever responded fast...at least a week or longer!

12. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why...the average comp value for a room at 4S is around 150 USD...and that’s where I am with 5k Coin In!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Retrobabble

Retrobabble Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that not Superbowl weekend/week? Hosts are crazy busy at that time. Not that I’m excusing her; merely noting. As @Chuck2009x says, an auto response would have been professional.

14. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah...It would be perfectly fine if she said „I am busy...I come back to you in 3 weeks“

And she ALWAYS takes a week to respond...sorry, but I’m super annoyed!

For sure no 100 USD tip this time as usually!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. vegasnut

vegasnut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah she should have voicemessage im on babybreak etc etc so yeah as fellow european (my dutch buddy Kevin..also memeber here @Kevke loves delano(next to mandalay bay) i get it but no offense mlife is not as good as CET (caesars) as giving you comps and other free stuff.....im a low roller now but in my slotplaying days i got always suites (2011 ceasars room was very nice(beautiful fountain view) and because i had a bad loosing trip i lost 6k my host comped me the whole 2 weeks.....my current host was mad at me last year as i didnt gamble so much (and for 3,5 weeks bally jubilee room i payd total of 200$ great deal probably will have to pay double this year though..im still diamond card member though which gaves me 2 free shows and 100$ celebration dinner) btw way if you play 5 k a day on slots you are a highroller in my book and will easily make diamond at ceasars if i were you i would switch to caesars(caesars palace is nice hotel) get a good host there

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We only stay for 7 days, so no need for more nights! And I’m not a fan of caesers properties and rooms!

17. alexm

alexm High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just figured I would mention, there is always a host on duty so no worry about a time difference. As to the language barrier you can always explain the barrier to the host get their email and send it while on the phone to confirm they got it.

18. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update: Finally after an other E-Mail she responded!

„Hi dear,

Thanks for your patient!

I already dropped in your reservation request to FS and just wait for your confirmation number. I don’t think there would be any problems when I check the rates online.

Sorry for taking a lot longer since I have been back, events after events and also over 900 emails I need to go through it does take time so had to take month to month consideration like Feb I will take care as priority.“

Again: just send me a message it will take longer and I wouldn’t freak out!

19. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am glad you received a response, but I'm sorry it caused you so much stress! May your trip be more fun than booking it was :)

20. betman4711

betman4711 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020