1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NCAA Conference Realignment

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by ken2v, Jul 21, 2021.

1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll see what happens. The SEC move has been good for A&M so far.

I was wondering when the moves might start up again (or at least the rumors of moves).

Sky Suites and Sky Pool Cabanas 2021
  3. Gus

Gus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rumor feelers at this point. big 12 should be expanding.
    last few rumors pac12 and big 4 from big12 tex/am/oklohama/ either baylor/houston/tcu/ ok state.

wherever texas goes oklahoma goes they don't survive without leaching talent from the state of texas

the texas vs ou game is too big to lose
    the tv deals of 2025/2031

and you don't think other conferences will fight to keep this juggernaut of sec from happening?
    sec should be from lsu to georgia line period

ncaa needs to step in and realign conferences.

for soon it will be ncaa football and other sports as secondary, now way schools gonna pay to ship volleyball , tennis and track across the country to keep these wanna be mega conference.
    if
    they want to do it then make it like sorry ass mlb baseball only the top money makers can compete and everyone else is just window dressing.

2021 birthday/new years bash
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The SWC was a great conference, but, alas, the writing is on the wall for its successor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always count on the NCAA to step in and do the right thing!

• Funny Funny x 8
  6. zoobrew

zoobrew MIA

The NCAA could stop this in a moment if they passed a rule that only one team per conference could be in the football playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gus

Gus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss the SWC days. those teams were loaded , ahem in the stands, rosters and players pocketbooks and student car parking. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Gus

Gus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWC, actually called a "meeting" so they could stop bidding wars on players !!. true story.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to be VERY interesting. We already know that A&M will tell them to kick rocks. Mizzou still holds a grudge for the way Texas and Oklahoma tried to screw the Big 12 years ago when they flirted with the Pac 12. All they need is one more team to say no to the expansion and it is dead. Rumor is that the eastern schools like Florida and SC might say no because they want to keep Clemson, FSU, and Miami out of the league in the future so they might back an A&M/Mizzou fight. There is also Vanderbilt who said no to the A&M/Mizzou expansion because they didn't want to go from the worst team in a 12 team conference to the worst team in a 14 team conference. They def won't want to be the worst team in a 16 team conference.

The other part of this is back when those teams flirted with the PAC 12, the state legislatures in both states said that they were tying the fate of OU to OSU and Texas with Texas Tech. So this might not be as easy as picking up two teams - Texas and Oklahoma politicians my ruin any talk of expansion by forcing the other two schools to tag along and the SEC does not want those schools. Hell, the PAC 12 told them no years ago because of the academic reputations of OSU and Tech.

We are so close to just having 'regional' leagues of 18-20 teams in prep for a much bigger playoff.

I hope things are normal by then
    • Like Like x 1
  10. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want the best 4, 6, whatever number of teams in the playoffs. I don't care if 3 of the 4 teams are from the same league or not. Haven't we learned our lesson from overrating Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Oregon every year that when it comes time to play with the big boys, they just can't compete.

• Love Love x 1
  11. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it will happen, but both schools have an agreement with Big12 about television money that may stop it from happening until after 2025. apparently all B12 schools have signed it stating basically no matter what conference they are in the B12 controls their television deal I guess that means that SEC games could be airing on a B12 network if they left.

I imagine a buyout could be worked out between schools and the B12 conference

12. Gus

Gus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LVRaiders

LVRaiders VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many SEC teams would make a 12 team playoff? 8?

Fight Weekend
  14. Vegaswanderer

Vegaswanderer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. But you forgot Notre Dame in your overrated list.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have blocked Notre Dame from my memory...just like the CFP should block them from ever participating again.

I have thought, for years, that there should be no rankings until about week 6. Once those 6 weeks are done then see who has been who and then rank the teams. Nothing worse that seeing Oklahoma (or whoever) ranked 3rd or 4th, beating up on a bunch of shitty teams and one highly ranked team who ends up being very bad. But the voters can't get past OK beating a team that was ranked in the top 10 in week 2 but is now 2-4 after 6 weeks.

It will never happen because of TV and money but, to me, that's how it should work.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Necrochaos

Necrochaos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is also a rumor that the SEC reached out to the B1G to get OSU and Michigan. That would be very back from the B1G and would be a major shift in power.

Craps in Vegas!
    Moving over to Luxor
  17. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :haha: Like the SEC needs them! :haha:

18. MCann

MCann VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh, when I was a kid, I used to love it when my family would travel to the southeast for the mild winters in Michigan. Or Ohio. :haha: I guess they are sort kinda sorta southeast...Canada

HaHA! Suck it Harrah's!
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. fcmonk

fcmonk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best part about any major realignment news is all the schools in the AAC getting their hopes up that they'll finally be rescued from that conference and get called up to a P5, only for it to never happen.

20. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like they are trying a different tactic right now. They may want to add teams from the Big 12 to the conference. Who knows what the AAC schools will do individually; UH always seems to want to get into the Big 12 but is rejected each time. We'll see what happens. The next "silly season" for conferences is upon us and may run for a year or more...who knows where it will end up!

Sky Suites and Sky Pool Cabanas 2021