1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NBA Finals, Who Do You Fancy

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by The Stig, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from the UK but being as I have visited the USA so many times I have gotten to enjoy MLB and NBA. Being as I'm a Indians fan and having had a weekend in the great city of Cleveland I have to go with the Cavs. Its James Vs Durant.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ass beating in game 1

3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warriors in 4 or 5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it was, If I remember right Cavs were 3-1 down last year.at one point.

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, and:

1)The Warriors were without a 100% Steph Curry
    2)They were without Draymond Green for game 5
    3)They didn't have Kevin Durant

it's ain't over 'til it's over, but I hear that the "fat lady" has already called for Uber to pick her up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warriors in 4

7. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Cleveland fan and have watched most of the playoffs. Each of the teams that played the Cavs previously in the playoffs figured out eventually what they needed to do to beat them. They just didn't have the horses to do it against a determined Cleveland team.

The Warriors have the horses, they are at least as determined as the Cavs, and they have already figured out what they need to do.

8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If last nights game is anything to go by, it's a tougher ask for the Cavs than last year.

9. rooster42000

rooster42000 Brady, The Goat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Warriors in 5

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Though I was a basketball loving 11 year-old in NE Ohio when the Cavalier's came to town as an expansion franchise (my Dad got me in a commercial with Austin Carr), I've been out west too long. We moved to the Bay-Area in '75 when the Warriors won the title and I've been a fan ever since. Though I still feel/hope they'll prevail in these finals, I caution against reading too much into Game 1. 4 turnovers in unheard of for the Warriors, they get sloppy with ball often... and don't think that Cleveland are going to shoot that poorly for the series and they won't be as consistantly careless with the turnovers either. Lotta series left to go... GO WARRIORS!!!

11. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Old enough to remember when GS Warriors were Philadelphia Warriors and won it all with Wilt Chamberlain in 66-67. 2 different eras, but would like to compare those 2 teams

13. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My post is after the Finals, but I think LeBron is the best I've ever seen. Most everyone says Jordan, but call me crazy, if you traded them, James would win seven or eight with Phil Jackson and Scottie Pippen while Jordan wouldn't make the Finals with the guys LeBron is carrying.

14. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always come back to Magic if I'm starting a team but really, can't go wrong with any of these guys inc KAJ.

15. Ladeda

Ladeda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol. Poor Lebron. Paired up with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. KLove, a 2 time ALL NBA 2nd team player, and Kyrie Irving who is pretty much unstoppable going to the rack. If Irving wasn't on the Cavs, he'd be 2nd team ALL NBA, just behind Harden, Westbrook and Curry. Must suck to have to carry guys like Kyrie and KLove. That's hilarious. To act like he's not a damn good team with Kyrie and KLove is ridiculous. KLove > Rodman who was the 3rd best player on Jordan's 2nd 3 peat. Sorry, but Ron Harper and Luc Longley are comparable to JR Smith and Thompson. Both Jordan and Lebron had similarly talented teams the 2nd go around. Pippen > Kyrie, but KLove > Rodman. Lebron just ran into a damn buzzsaw in the GS Warriors. No shame in that. But that's what separates Jordan. 6-0. He won.

Sorry, I didn't even want to respond, but I had to laugh at your guys Lebron is carrying line. Kyrie and KLove aren't chopped liver.

Lets not even discuss those Miami teams which were loaded . Bron went 2-2 in finals with Wade and Bosh. Wade was 1st team ALL NBA the 2 years prior to Lebron's arrival! They had 2 of the 5 best players in the NBA at the time and he could only go 2 for 4 in NBA finals. Oh, and some dude named Chris Bosh who was 27 years old and in his prime in 2011, and who became a 11 time All Star. I'm pretty sure Michael Jordan goes 4-4 with Wade and Bosh on his team in Miami. Bosh >>> Horace Grant. I can't remember who Miami's Center was, but he sure was better than Bill Cartwright, and 10 time All Star Ray Allen was definitely >>>>>> BJ Armstrong. Miami definitely had more talent top to bottom than Jordan's teams in 1991-1994. Hands down. The Bulls didn't have that 3rd stud, like Miami had in Bosh, let alone a great 4th guy in Ray Allen.

Jordan made the finals with less (compared to BRon's Miami teams)-- and won everytime. What kills Lebron is going 2-2 with Miami. Miami should have gone 4-0, but choked vs Dallas, and got destroyed by the Spurs. Jordan would have won all 4 championships had they swapped places. Because he is a winner. Lebron is a (rich, talented,) entitled crybaby. When Jordan lost, he would channel that energy into getting better and used it as motivation--- he wouldn't go whine about it. It's Jordan's competitive spirit that puts him ahead of Lebron. He would do whatever it took to will his teams to victory.

Oh and MAgic/Kareem are definitely 2 of the 6 best of all time. Them losing back to back finals when they were both top 5 NBA players at the time to the 76'ers and Celtics I think is what keeps Magic out of the GOAT discussion. That and his career being cut short. LAL got swept by the 76'ers. Brutal.

16. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jordan quit on his team. Nice competitive spirit.

17. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time I've heard that Jordan was a quitter:bang:

18. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boy, I just can't laugh hard enough at MJ koolaid.

19. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He quit to go play baseball. Some say he was suspended for betting on basketball but I would think that would have come out by now. Also, the Jordan lovers forget what aI "whiner" he was back in the day. He never missed a shot he wasn't fouled on. He and LeBron are both great players and all time greats. I will take LBJ since he delivered a title to the Land. It is a team sport so it is difficult to claim one individual better than the other based on championships. That would make Pippen better than LeBron and that isn't even a consideration.

20. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief bottle washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No need to debate your points. You're from Northern Ohio and obviously love Bron Bron and the Cavs. Moving on

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.