1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas FreePlay Restrictions

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jgates8, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the prolem is the free MyVegas night--it seems they just don't allow freeplay to be combined with the MyVegas nts.
    Myself and others who have posted had no problem using freeplay if booked on a Mlife comp

2. Saintjamie

Saintjamie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a Signature at MGM Grand room through Booking.comand had no issues using Freeplay reward at MGM Grand last week.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grid

Grid Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This seems to be correct so it is worth pointing out. It appears you can NOT use MyVegas to get a free room AND then get MyVegas free play. The free play has, for awhile now, required a stay. That stay can NOT be a free room obtained via MyVegas.

This thread came off very confusing. I would always get a comped room with MLife via gambling. That also came with free play. I would book my Mlife offer and then get even more free play via MyVegas.

The system still works in that manner. Well, as of 3 weeks ago when I was there. So you dont have to buy your room. You can use a discount code online or book a comped room. You just cant get a free room via MyVegas + MyVegas free play.

If MyVegas peeps are saying that is wrong, the folks at the MLife desk sure dont know it. All they do when you go to activate your free play is check your room number, and make sure it is you booked.

I dont know if the MyVegas room is coded differently when you book it, and the MLife desk spots that. But I stood next to someone, staying at a comp at Luxor, get their free play with zero questions asked. And they had free play from Mlife with their comp as well.

4. kdawg

kdawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to post my experience yesterday. I have two nights at Mirage and my wife has one night, all through myvegas. There was a little confusion at the mlife desk, but they allowed us to redeem the $50 freeplay, even with our room booked through myvegas. I hope this helps someone!

• Like Like x 1
  5. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like a mileage may vary thing because even though Excalibur says we can, when I stayed at Mandalay Bay last year they didn't allow it because One night was comped through Mandalay Bay.

6. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is truest statement: YMMV.

Mandalay Bay is a general no freeplay through MV on comped and MV rooms some have said they got it on comps.

I had no issues at Monte Carlo and NYNY using freeplay one either.

At Luxor, it depended on the desk agent I dealt with and eventually got it.

7. Courth

Courth Low-Roller

Do I need to be staying 3 nights to get a $50 freeplay? We are staying comped at the MGM Grand for 2 nights, will I be able to use a $50 Freeplay there?

8. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so confused. I am staying at MGM Grand comped via MyVegas. I already purchased the $25 free play via MyVegas. It seems like half the people had success using both and half got declined. Should I call somebody? Should I cancel my $25 free play? I am going August 8-10th. I only came here to figure out how to spend the rest of my 90k LP to grab more food/stuff for the trip, then I saw this thread.

9. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Aria the end of June for 2 nights comped from a MyVegas reward. I was also able to redeem the $25 free slot play no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just returned from the Mirage and I was able to redeem the $100-$50 and $25 free plays with no problem

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vegas6821

Vegas6821 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Used mlife gaming offer for three nights comp at bellagio in early July. Had no issues at all redeeming $50 and $25 free play.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from Vegas yesterday. Friend had 3 comped nights at Mandalay Bay, not on myvegas, and I was listed on the room. When I tried to redeem the $25 and $50 FP I was told that they could not be used with ANY promotion. She then proceeded to read their policy statement to me. When I told her I had done this very same thing at Mirage, Monte Carlo and New York, she said it was up to the individual property. For all I know, it's up to the individual Mlife rep.

I point blank asked, so myvegas FP cannot be used at Mandalay unless you are playing full price for the room, and she said yes. They would have gotten it back anyway, and then some, but as it was I didn't feel generous toward them.

13. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it seems that Mandalay Bay is the only property that is a problem with the free play--A few other people have mentioned not being able to use the free play there.

14. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MB actually discontinued allowing it in I believe April 2016. One of my Michigan friends was the first person I heard that encountered that.

Easter again..:
  15. Sweetsugar

Sweetsugar Tourist

Quick question.
    If i book a 2 night stay with a smartervegas deal (just discount)for luxor can my husband redeem a 50 dollar free play at myvegas?

16. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, the $50 reward has a 3-night requirement. He should be able to use the $25 reward as long as his name is on the room though. I believe you could also get the same reward if you have a MyVegas account too.

17. Mrsgashy

Mrsgashy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently here at the luxor, paid for one night and used a myvegas 2 night reward and yhey let me redeem a $50 free play reward. Guess it varies from hotel to hotel.

18. Sweetsugar

Sweetsugar Tourist

Thank you.

19. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You did 50 free play on 2 night?

20. Mrsgashy

Mrsgashy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes but my first night was out of pocket. Booked an run of the house room and got a complimentary upgrade to a tower room for all 3 night! Yay! Score!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.