1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyKonami Season Pass

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by aspenq, Jan 1, 2020.

1. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I sent a message to my host asking "what happened"?

Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
  2. michael cadena

michael cadena High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as season passes goes I said it when it came out. It was terrible it didn’t offer a great incentive to buy it. I hate to say it but it needs to follow other mobile games and see what season passes offer.

3. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you didn't buy it, how can you state that "it was terrible"? I bought it and got a lot more out of it for $9.99 than a flat chip purchase.

I talked to my host, and she said that there will be another one, and she couldn't tell me why it wasn't automatically renewed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Headache 21

Headache 21 High-Roller

I didn't buy it because it sounded terrible. If there was some hidden wonder about it that you could only discover by buying it, well that's pretty bad marketing.

5. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought it as it fits my budget as well. After my upgrade to a Cypress Suite at Bellagio thru MyVEGAS and a $400.00 RC, I still have 3.8 million LP’s. I suspect as we get closer to our May trip I will have more. We are hoping for concert tickets when the Spring-Summer lineups/residencies are announced.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for that comment. I will pass that along to Playstudios in order that they can improve the next iteration.

7. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did end up buying it and I has it’s terrible because compared to other season passes out their. It isn’t good it doesn’t offer much as a season should. I play console,pc and mobile games and see passes on all of them and I know a good season pass when I see one.

8. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, so, just so I can tell Playstudios what you "didn't like" about their Season Pass, tell me some of the things that you didn't like and I will pass them to Playstudios management through my host.

Please be specific, and give comparisons, such as "Playstudios gives x for $9.99 and Program Y gives zzzz"

9. michael cadena

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you wanna know why I feel it’s a “bad season pass all you have to do is just ask. At first I gave my opinion that it wasn’t good which it isn’t. Compared to other season passes out for games not just mobile it lacks in many departments.

Price - For 9.99 it doesn’t seem like much, many of us can afford it but at. The same time at that price what are you receiving lp & chips.

rewards - like mentioned before lp & chips are always nice but that isn’t a great reward. I get spammed emails from ps with chips and as for lp. I get some of us are a higher level like yourself so it’s harder to come by but at the amount they give you. There’s no real wow factor.

I said before I play many pc,console and mobile games all which have season passes on the games I play. A season pass is supposed to have items that “wow” you and say. I need to buy this or I’ll be missing out. The rewards should be on a level where you’re constantly playing the game but. That’s just my opinion and why I think the season pass isn’t worth it. There’s many better season passes out that I’d think they would have took ideas for other games and made it their own ?

10. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for your reply. Not much that I can go back to Playstudios with, but if it didn't provide value to you, I can't argue that.

I think that you are comparing oranges to apples, or at least oranges to tangerines. You didn't state exactly WHAT PC console and mobile games that you are playing, but I would ask that you keep the comparison within the same family, like Wynn, or Binion's, and not compare it to Guild Wars or WoW, I don't think that's a fair comparison.

Like I said earlier, you didn't find value in it, and that's OK. I found a lot of value in it, and gained 1M LPs during the month.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RandomTask

RandomTask Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought it. I'm torn as to whether I'd have bought it again. For me at my MV level (~1.5m LP) I don't know that it's worth it to put much effort or $$ to go after LP or myVIP status based on the rewards available for me to purchase.

12. deka

deka Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't compare a package in a gambling app to a season pass in a video game. Those video game passes are much more expensive and basically nothing more than a pre-order for DLC which might be discounted or maybe not, you can't know because the DLCs aren't out yet.

In the Konami app, the season pass followed a tactic I have seen in some other gaming apps which isn't at all like a "Season Pass", instead it gives 2 tiers of unlocks based on "merit" in that you need to do quests to unlock them. The "free tier" is alright, better than nothing, worth doing, but nothing to get excited over. Free stuff is free stuff. The "premium" tier looks much better. As time goes on, the more invested you are in doing all the quests makes the premium tier more and more enticing, because "wow I pay $10 and I unlock like 20 rewards!" and these 20 rewards SHOULD be a lot more valuable than what you'd normally get for $10, because you needed to do all that extra work to unlock them, instead of just clicking a button. However, if you've done the free tier anyway, the bonus tier becomes a no-added-effort proposition.

The 1 big big drawback to this is: WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE GETTING. So why pay $10 just based on a bunch of icons when you don't know what you really get? It could be that your 20 prizes are only $1 million each and you got ripped off. It could be that the prizes add up to 10x more than what a straight chip purchase would have been. You don't know so you can't compare.

So my advice to Konami would be that the next time they do this, do it this way:

1. Make the rewards far better than a normal spend if all the levels are unlocked.

2. When a player unlocks a given free level, show the actual reward on the pay level. Not just some icon that could mean anything, show us exactly what we get. Then at the end on the right hand side, total it for us so we can see and we don't have to do the math ourselves. If it looks like a good deal (and it should if we have done the quests) then we can pull the trigger and buy it.

The fact that it is a "good deal" is mitigated by the fact that it is only available once a month, takes effort to do, and is trickled out. So it encourages people who are normally free-to-play to open their wallets without giving whales a way to replace their big spend, since the pass isn't enough to satisfy their needs all by itself.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  13. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't buy it, but was thinking about it, I was doing the daily challenges and was curious what I would have received with the Season Pass. I probably would have tried it for a month or two eventually.

14. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @deka thank you for your input. I will pass it on to Playstudios management. I thought that a statement saying "win as much as. . . " and then stating what you could win if you made the number every day, as i did.

I have spoken to Playstudios management and they are receptive to input. Let's see . . . .