1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My wife just gave our TR points away.

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by shokhead, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, it's leave the husband at home! lol

My husband does stuff like this all the time. I don't know how much stuff he's given away right in front of me without discussing it with me first! Drives me nuts.

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well when the points run out then it will go on our CC. She is still pissed at me and said let's just not go at all. You have taken all the fun out of it now. I'm trying to figure out what I did which of course is nothing.

3. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After all this blows over and the RC's are spent and somewhat forgottten about..after the two of you finish a gambling session,Check the machine screen and pronounce hey cool we earned $3.00 in comps..That's almost a coffee at Starbucks!....Maybe it will sink in then..good luck

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes me appreciate being married to my wife.

Wow.

5. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you're basically in trouble because you're right? I know how it is. I used to live with someone that was so invested in being "right" that everyone pays for it when they're not.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never knew my wife HAD a sister. No wedding gift or nothing for X-mas / birthdays etc.

Think it must be time for a visit to the wife store. 3rd floor please!

7. Charlie8

Charlie8 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wake up early. Go downstairs and cash in the credits for play. Put it on the regular VMB 17/20 roulette. Then take the winnings and use that to pay for dinner for everyone and a nice bottle of wine. Then you'll pay for dinner, have some left over and not look like a cheapskate. [emoji48]

8. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha, no srsly last time I took my wife to vegas she "worked" 50 hrs in 4 days via telecommuting, total vegas buzzkill

just stay home then if that's your fix:thumbsdown:

I go to vegas to unwind, she used to as well:cry:

9. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a done deal. Your wife gave away what she thought was free and you have informed her was not. Now, go to Vegas, enjoy your friends, and treat them to some good meals. They may even appreciate the offer your wife gave by reciprocating in ways that make the loss less painful.

It sucks, but move on, enjoy Vegas, enjoy your wife. This is just a small bump in the road of life.

10. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once she's cooled down, try explaining how many dollars you spent earning these credits. Your friends must have picked up on how you felt about this. I hope they have the sense to decline the offer for you to pay at the end of the meals. At this point, your wife may remember that you don't want to pay.

Would she expect you to pay for their airfare if you had lots of flight credits?

I can tell you I'd be mighty unhappy if my husband gave away our earned points.

And by cool down, I mean a few days. It will give her a chance to forgive you. :wink2:

11. dianenjnj

dianenjnj Tourist

2vegasnuts
    you have a great attitude and i bet a great marriage too!

12. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is some marriage advice for all you hubbys out there in Flusherville and within a 5 billion kilometer radius. In order to have a successful marriage, you must learn to say the four little words every woman longs to hear. Say them every five minutes or so. It works for me!!!

"You're right I'm sorry...."

It sounds like you handled this about as good as you could have in the circumstances.

13. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost 40 years of this. I know bumps.
    Had a birthday party for her brother last night. Just finger food and drinks. She told them I was mad over something stupid so just to leave me alone. I thought I was fine but after that no one talked to me. That was ok to as it was all her brothers and sisters. She puts them all very high on the totem pole.

14. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    18 Rules Between Men and Women

1. The Female always makes THE RULES.

2. THE RULES are subject to change without notice.

3. No Male can possibly know all THE RULES.

4. If the Female suspects the Male knows all THE RULES, she must immediately change some or all of THE RULES.

5. The Female is never wrong.

6. If it appears the Female is wrong, it is because of a flagrant misunderstanding caused by something the Male did or said wrong.

7. If Rule #6 applies, the Male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.

8. The Female can change her mind at any given time.

9. The Male must never change his mind without the express, written consent of The Female.

10. The Female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.

11. The Male must remain calm at all times, unless the Female wants him to be angry or upset.

12. The Female must, under no circumstances, let the Male know whether she wants him to be angry or upset.

13. The Male is expected to read the mind of the Female at all times.

14. At all times, what is important is what the Female meant, not what she said.

15. If the Male doesn't abide by THE RULES, it is because he can't take the heat, lacks backbone, and is a wimp.

16. If the Female has PMS, all THE RULES are null and void and the Male must cater to her every whim.

17. Any attempt to document THE RULES could result in bodily harm.

18. If the Male, at any time, believes he is right, he must refer to Rule #5

That being said - we have an American Express card we get points on. Last time I cashed in points for a $200 MGM gift card I used to our hotel bill. This time it will be a Bellagio gift card that will pay for one of our two nights there. My hubby would be in big trouble if he offered my/our AMEX points away because they are "free".

15. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would never do that, ever!

I may suggest (when we are alone) that we treat them to a something as a surprise, but there is no way either of us would put the other in that situation.

If your friends are true friends, they will realise you are uncomfortable about the situation and decline the offer. If they gamble at all, they will also realise what she is giving away.

16. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, people think it is not real money, just like airline miles. When you use them, they seem fake. When they are gone and you have to pay for meals, you finally figure it out.

I would have NEVER said anything in front of the group. Too late. Already done, and apparently she does not get it anyways.

But, the next day when you wanted to go to dinner, a simple... " I was going to use our points for dinner, but now we have to pay cash" would be as far as you can go.

17. cw247

cw247 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the saying is "Happy wife, happy life"

18. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well my wife changes when she is with others. She has to please. She was raised to babysit her brothers and sister so her dad and mom could go party. She is the oldest. That has never gotten away from that with them.. She took care of her Aunt while she was dying, the same for her Grandma and the same with her mom and lastly with her dad. all while owning and running her business and our kids. This over the last 35 years. Brothers and sister did little or no help for any of that because they knew she would and she did. She just can't help it now. She is the giver that never wants anything back. She is also the type that picks friends as she calls tem that use her but when she asks for help they are almost always unable to. A great mother and a wife that hasn't had me at the top because of her family responsibilities which I got.I got it early on as we meant in HS. Her dad was a fat drunk that wouldn't leave his chair to change the tv station so he would snap his finger and one of the kids would jump to change it. They also had to put his shoes on for him. Not because he was that fat but because he didn't want to. Many times her mom would have to tape her glasses because of her dad. So she had a screwy like as a child. Raised to serve the family that has never left. I put up with it because that is my makeup. So off to Vegas{ I hope} we'll go and I will just make the best of it while adding a few extra drinks. That can't be all bad, I'll be in Vegas.

Insite into her brothers and sister. Dad dies and the brothers get 250k each.{dad would only talk about sons as they were gods, not so much the girls which some friends didn't even know he had} Wife and sister got 25k each. Everybody blew through that money in a year or so and it's gone except my wife that gave it to her sister because she had no job and was broke. She went to Mexico for a week and paid for friends to go with her. Still broke and I'm pretty she my wife is giving her our money.

19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must have been uncomfortable for your friends.....I'd be very surprised if they allowed you to pick up their meals as they must have realized what was going on.

20. cw247

cw247 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow shockhead, just wow. I certainly feel for you and can relate having to deal with similar in-law problems (not money related, as none of them had any...but that's another story...but in terms of the eldest caring for all the others) over the years.
    We learn to pick our battles and in this case, as you said a few extra drinks and make the best of it. No point in being miserable in the "Happiest place on earth"
    However, if the dinner reservations have not been made, may in suggest that you check to see if you can use your TR points at Johnny Rockets :evillaugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.