1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My SW flights tomorrow are sold out both legs

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Jun 14, 2019 at 1:30 PM.

1. Bernie2

Bernie2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MY SW flights are sold out and that's both legs. Maybe, they'll bump me and give points and/or a voucher. That would be okay or so it seems to me. I can only hope !

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chances of a bump on WN is slim. Only going to happen if they have cancellations in most cases. Since they will not oversell flights, they do not get into bump situations. Not saying it does not happen, but never because of oversell.

By the way, about half of our recent flights have been sold out.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I don’t know. My brother and his wife volunteered for bumps out of Milwaukee on SWA 5 times over the years. My wife and I, once. Then we just stopped. It became more important to get to Vegas on time.

38th anniversary and keep taking advantage of the Companion Pass
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WN came out with a no overbooking policy a year or so ago.... so I assume things have changed.

From their website.

Southwest does not overbook as part of the selling process (Effective May 8, 2017). While we no longer “overbook” flights, there will be operational instances where we will be over available seating capacity resulting in an oversale. Operational instances that may create an oversale include weight restrictions and aircraft type changes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever since the United incident with them dragging the guy off the plane, bumps have become way less likely, especially on SW.

6. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the day America West would oversell PHX-LAS flights by 25-30 seats

7. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sold out flights on SWA are not uncommon. Virtually every BUR-LAS flight is sold out for Fri/Sun travel each weekend

8. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the 737 max grounding, it seems they are cancelling a lot of flights.????

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. MCann

MCann Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think every leg I've been on this year between Vegas and anywhere has been sold out both ways, but I guess because I fly out of a smaller town, all my flights to and from Vegas involve major hubs on the other end for whatever airline I was on at the time.

4th of July impulse solo trip
  10. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does happen occasionally.
    But SWA has their fill algorithm to a science. I don't known how but virtually every time I fly those planes are EXACTLY full. (and we flight often; and rarely anyone else)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June 8 - June 14 STL to LAS and return. 100% full both ways. While waiting yesterday at B12 two flights ahead of us at B11 and B13 were announced as 100% full. On the other hand, the flight before ours yesterday was headed for LA and the podium guy announced that there were only about 80 people, so they could spread out!