1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My planned trip--but would like to hear about the Spa at Park MGM

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by meriH, Mar 14, 2019.

1. meriH

meriH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, and foremost---This trip, I've planned a mani, pedi, and 50 minute massage at the spa at Park MGM. It's hard to get a good sense of the current reviews of this facility. TripAdvisor has thousands of reviews from when it was Monte Carlo, but I think it seems like it's supposed to be better now. Does anyone know, or have you heard anything about it? Would love to know! I'm open to moving to another facility for these services, if anyone has had rough experiences.

The rest is just rambling about my plan for my trip. Read, or don't read. I know it's probably boring.

I've booked four comped nights at ParkMGM for a solo-Mom trip March 25-28th. This is my second year taking this trip on my own--I really enjoyed it last year, but decided that I need to do more pampering than I did last year. I fly first class from Seattle--because, why the heck not!? I prefer nicer resorts, but I have heard the beds and black out curtains at ParkMGM are exactly what I need to rest well--so, I'm going to give it a go. I have my white noise machine ready to go, so any thin walls shouldn't bother me, either! I don't anticipate needing any fancy, romantic room amenities on my own--so, as long as the room is clean and crisp, I'll probably be fine. I am a Gold MLife member, so I don't think I have to use the annoying kiosk check in desk if I decide not to?

For entertainment, I love going to buffets by myself and eat while playing games on my phone, and just enjoying the quiet time away from my family! In the gambling realm I usually play slots and hold'em tournaments or cash. I don't tend to go to shows by myself--and my husband and I have a trip booked in August when we do shows and other, more interactive stuff. I will definitely go to the Jardin at The Wynn to have the chocolate flower pot--which is our tradition, and I didn't last year on my solo trip, and it made me sad! I don't drink much when I'm there on my own, but I usually goes back to my room around 10-11 pm with a glass of champaign, something fun from a bakery or burger place--and watch Forensic Files or something. I'm seriously a party animal!

I have the following MyVegas rewards(I have 4 rewards instead of 3):
    Bellagio lunch buffet
    Bellagio Dinner buffet
    Aria Lunch buffet
    Aria Dinner buffer

--So, plenty of meals that I can just leave a $5-7 tip for the waitress. I'm not cheap, but I love free stuff when I can get it!

I don't eat much, so I usually do one big meal each day--around 3-4--and have small snacks in the mornings and before bed--because the buffets are so delish and well-rounded! Poker takes up long hours, usually, so, that schedule works out for me.

Would love to hear anyone else's Solo-trip suggestions!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. michael cadena

michael cadena Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ll also be on a solo trip those exact dates even staying at the park mgm also. Like you I prefer high end hotels but. The I love the blackout curtains trust you will also. They’re amazing you’ll lose track of time with them closed.

Try Bavette’s steakhouse and if you don’t want steam they have a great burger and French dip.

I’m the opposite when I go on trips I eat a lot and try hitting as many happy hour spots as I can cause when I go with others everyone wants something different. So when I go solo I can try a little and head to the next one.

As for drinking it denpends on how I’m feeling. When it’s closer to summer. The drinks flow

• Like Like x 1
  3. bdg626

bdg626 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second Bavette's. I've had the steaks and the french dip. So good! I'll have to try the burger next time.

I usually do prefer Aria or Cosmopolitan, but Park MGM delivers on value and is a decent hotel with solid rooms. I think you'll have a great solo trip - that's where I stayed on my solo trip, too!

Also, Best Friend is delicious if the menu looks good to you. Definitely more fun/hip than upscale in vibe, but amazing service and food.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What exactly do you want to know about the spa? I just did four nights at Park MGM and visited the spa every day.

It’s very nice, I just wish it was a little bigger.

5. meriH

meriH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious if I should expect a high quality gel/shallac mani-pedi. I usually get a high-end one here, in Seattle, once a month---and I'm hoping for something pretty pampering. I've only ever had a few massages in my life, and hope that will be great, too. :)

Tags: