1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Daughter's First Trip to Vegas, April 1-7,2018 (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by caldwell2, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caldwell2

caldwell2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Day 3:

Part of the reason for going off strip was so I could get my daughter some off strip time. Unfortunately for her, I booked us a Red Rock Tour with Pink Jeep Tours. She was a bit groggy that morning as I booked the 8am tour but once she got to the Red Rock Canyon Gift Shop and I bought her a couple trinkets, she perked up. It was an informative tour, but in hindsight, something I could have done on my own for a lot less money. I did enjoy the tour guide and the information he gave us.

So about three hours later I decided to give my daughter a bath before doing anything else using one of the Bath Bombs we got earlier. Amazing! It was also the first time we turned on the television on the trip. My daughter was fascinated with a television in the bathroom that was perfectly placed so you could watch it from the bath. Because my daughter was such a trooper on the tour I decided to let her plan the rest of the day. The first thing she wanted to do was watch a movie, so we ended up going to A Wrinkle In Time at 12:40. From there I got her changed into her bathing suit and we went down to the pool. Although the weather was very warm, the pool was cool. Nice for some people but not for me. I did notice that my wife packed a swimsuit that was slightly big on my daughter so what is a Dad to do, but go out and find her a new one. I had always wanted to check out Downtown Summerlin and this was my chance. The first store we hit up was The Gap. We found a suit she liked, and I thought we were done, but no. We found a Shake Shack and got a Shake for me and a lemonade for my daughter. Then came the toy store. (I forgot the name but it was amazing for a small independent.) After the Toy Store we walked by a bakery that had a sign in front saying Decorate your own cookie. (wonderlandbakery.com) When we walked in we had the store to ourselves. Ms. Rebecca (sp?) helped us and led us to the party room where my daughter got to decorate a cupcake shaped cookie. If you are ever in the area, I highly suggest a visit. They do parties as well. From there it was off to Dave and Buster’s. I bought a card for $20 and let her have her way. The piece de resistance came later though, as we walked by a Build A Bear Workshop. I caved and bought my daughter a Unicorn that she named Sara. When we finally got back to the room we actually spent so much time shopping that we didn’t have time to go back to the pool. I suggested an early dinner close to the hotel. We ended up going to The Melting Pot on Charleston. The inside of the Restaurant is beautiful and dark, a lot of woods and dark colored walls. However, the outside of TMP was horrible. If you don’t know where it is you could miss it. It is in the middle of some off shoot of a strip mall. My daughter and I shared a Cheese Fondue, she helped me with my meat fondue, and we finished it off with dessert, a Chocolate fondue. She loved it!

However, the night was not finished as my daughter wanted to go bowling. We ended up back at the Red Rock Lanes, where I purchased two games and shoes for a total of $19. Walking in I saw a sign that said present your movie ticket stub for a free game. I wish I didn’t throw it away, but we had fun anyway. My daughter had her first meltdown of the trip because I beat her on both games. Oh well. I loved that when you sign up on the computer you can designate whether that person needs bumpers. So every time my daughter was up the bumpers would rise up. I don’t bowl a lot but that is the first time I had ever seen that, though I am sure the technology has been out for years. After such a busy day we headed up to the room and fell asleep, knowing that we would be going back to The Venetian and picking up Mom at the airport the next day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. emmas

emmas High-Roller

Loved reading about your rip with your daughter (both parts). Great to see a father and daughter duo having so much fun together.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report so far (both parts), @caldwell2!
    You're an awesome dad! :D
    Thank you for your service :usa:, too!

RICHARD

4. Bonzai

Bonzai Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm exhausted just reading everything you did in one day! What a lucky girl to have such a great dad! Memories for you both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.