1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Aria Horror Story

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ams722, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL

We walked through the Flamingo one night after going on the High Roller and the check in line was out the door! That line would have taken the same amount of time as this whole ordeal did.

I'd consider staying at a CET hotel - I did have a really good time playing blackjack in Ballys' new little high limit area. I just never get the comp offers from CET that everyone else seems to...

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't imagine. Never had an issue at Aria, but I don't understand their Bell Desk either since the people there are useless. I'm going to guess it's a union issue since a lot of LV hotel's bellhops are unionized.

Even though you don't want to repeat yourself again, I would've asked to talk to management. Aria sometimes sends out the survey e-mails, so maybe share your experiences on that.

3. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I already did the survey they sent. I ripped them a new one in it.

I got a B.S. response from some customer service person saying "We'll forward this on to the proper departments to improve in the future."

Yadda yadda yadda.

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Very strange. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps it was one of those rooms that connects to a suite to give an extra bedroom. Maybe that was why the furnishings were different/nicer? In any case, they should have done a lot more for you than offer $75 for all of that trouble.

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the deluxe rooms are just really varied depending on what part of the hotel they are located in.

Last May I stayed there with a buddy. We each had our own room (Deluxe King). I had a really nice room overlooking the pools. My buddy had a much shabbier room overlooking the valet parking area out front. Same size/layout, just different furnishings. His seemed more beaten down and everything was lighter colored (walls, paintings, bed covers, etc.), where I had a much darker room that seemed newer and slick.

6. NebulaTig

NebulaTig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week at Mirage something similar. Rooms not ready, leave a text#. Walk to Bell Desk to drop off luggage, have to take it outside. When room is ready go to bell desk, told bags not there, will be delivered to the room. Also had mini bar charges every day, even though we didn't use.

Sounds like its just the way things work there.

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On behalf of VMB, I would like to apologize to you for your terrible treatment at Aria, Mr. Herd.

Thanks for writing this up, I would have had a tough time keeping my cool with a situation like this.

In retrospect, maybe the thing to do would be to make a stand in Jason's room and tell them you aren't leaving until your bags arrive with a person to let you into the new room. Then if Jason shows up, you have double leverage.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

gottcha . just kidding glad you liked the ballys hl area , its a great little place i,its amazaing that 10 feet from you people are playing party pit rules. but its a cool little place hope they dont scew with it , now if i can get them to let me das on dd , thats my goal.

9. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this happened to me before at Aria, not as bad but they basically screwed a lot of stuff up. I just sent a blanket email to anyone at Aria that i could find an email to. Also to mlife to complain to their corporate side.

in the end they ended up sending me 2 free nights anytime with some small resort credit a few months later.

fk

10. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you had that big problem at Aria. I will agree I think they need to clean house with the bell people! On a non-busy Wednesday afternoon I walked up to one to check my bag and he looked at me like I had 3 heads and did not say anything, another guy step upped to help but then had made sure to hawk for a tip several times. After my 10 plus years of going to Vegas it is the worst experience I have had dealing with bell people. As a side not I did NOT tip the tip hawker, but the guy who brought the bag to the room and was super helpful and pointed out the safe was in the night stand and did not hawk for a tip was tipped well!

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll say this -- I generally love Aria, it's my favorite place to stay in Vegas, but I tend to agree with this. I've never understood why I always have to go wait in that stupid line to drop off bags, while at just about every other hotel I stay at in Vegas, someone comes to greet me and take my bags when I'm getting out of the cab. That being said, I've never had any major issues like you, and it's not enough to stop me from staying there, but it's really the one part of the property that consistently strikes me as less-than-fantastic.

12. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a series of issues relating to people not communicating, people making empty promises (repeatedly), having to return to the front desk multiple times to get anything resolved, and other issues similar to yours. It sounds like Aria is in dire need of someone to overhaul their management and get all of their teams on the same page. I understand mistakes happen, especially when you have thousands of people coming and going on a daily basis, but based on our collective experiences, I would say Aria gets a giant black mark against them. Sorry to hear about all of your problems. I would dispute the entire charge with my credit card company and let them deal with it. You've been through the ringer already.

13. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry about the horror story at Aria.

This would have never happened at the Boardwalk.

14. Publius

Publius Living the Dream

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at the Aria today and I noticed a manager going over some things with the Bell Staff. Heard something about complaints so I think they are working on the issue

15. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn... I'm sorry that happened to you. We have had some issues in the past as well, no match for yours and I commend you for handling it so well. I would not have...

16. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never had anything but a positive experience at The Aria ............. stuff happens but it does bother me that I have seen two threads on the Aria in less than a month.

I am sure the positive experiences far exceed the negatives - your just going to hear more about the bad when people have their trips ruined.

PS - I am always very reluctant to check our bags unless it just about has to be done.

17. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Wow...your ordeal sounds like gambling mojo killer. Glad it is over with and hope your next trip to vegas is much better! I was in a 2 bedroom penthouse at Aria earlier in the year, and we found a 2" shard of glass on the carpet in the living room. Housekeeping came fairly quickly to re-vacuum the penthouse, but still, one should not have to worry about stepping on glass shards.

18. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow what a clusterfk.

Sorry you had to put up with incompetance like that. I would've probably lost my cool after the waiting in the hallway and Mr Clipboard brushed you off. That would've been when I get management involved.

I've been given the incorrect room and an uncleaned room at The Mirage and trekking back downstairs sucked but they handled it quickly.

Aria is on my list to stay next trip so hopefully they've improved by then.

19. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll say this for you... you tell the tale of this unfortunate experience VERY WELL... I'm upset reading it, as I feel like I was there right along with you. I sure hope you send it, exactly as worded to Aria's management. It reeks of frustration... and deservedly so.

20. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a pain! I don't understand why people are so incompetent at their jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.