1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mr. and Mrs. Jones Are Booked

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by gotavegasjones, Jun 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights and hotel arrangements are made. Now we anticipate.

Allegiant had good rates in late June. Traveling from MFE to LAS June 24th and returning on June 30th. Round trip fare for two is $322. Of course with the added fees for bags and early boarding we paid $446. Still $223 per person for non-stop, round trip airfare to Vegas - that is a good deal.

My wife loves staying at Paris. Originally, I booked 6 nights. The first night was $123 and the other 5 were comped. I hate paying for rooms in Vegas. The only time I don't mind paying is when we have a really good rate from Bellagio or Wynncore. Those don't come very often. After I booked we got an email offer from Aria for "up to one complimentary night and other nights from $85". We called and checked it out. Turns out Tuesday and Thursday nights are available to us for $55 and Wednesday is comped. So that was an easy decision. I do not mind paying a $37 avg nightly rate to stay at Aria. First 3 nights at Paris and final 3 at Aria. Pretty pleased.

Looked for a reasonable rental car deal. Got a fair deal on a full size with Thrifty. Rental for a week is going to set me back almost $260 after adding the taxes and fees. The taxes & fees totaled about $135.

So we anticipate. This will be our 23rd trip since June 2001. I have gotten really bad about posting TR's the last few years. I'll try to do better this trip.

later,
    GVJ

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good plan. Check the "city special" at Dollar for your rental car - might save you some money. We're headed out there next week, got a two week rental for under $300 all-in....

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.