1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Moving Sidewalk at back of Lake Como...Bellagio

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kodidog, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It just occurred to me, that with all of the changes that I've seen mentioned in Vegas this year, there is one I am now wondering about, but have no idea what the current situation is....

Last November when I was showing my Newbie around the Strip, after lunch at PF Chang's, I was intending to cross over to Bellagio at the north end of Lake Como, go up the escalator, and along the moving sidewalk to enter Bellagio at the valet entrance, as I have done for years. The escalators were shut down at the bottom, so we headed in another direction.

Did that access close for good, or was there just repairs/maintenance going on ? Has anyone used that route recently?

2. klevegas

klevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi

I was there a few times this summer and the normal route you described was working so it as probably repairs or maintenance during your trip,

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually think I remember the escalators down to the Strip being broken or under maintenance when I was there a couple weeks ago (I was more than a few drinks in, though). The normal stairway down to the Strip, and the moving walkways, were definitely working, and it's totally possible to take that route.

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind all the dust blowing around Las Vegas. It gets into the moving parts of the escalators causing friction which causes wear which leads to frequent breakdown. The typical escalator is oversized by a factor of four so it's not a mechanical load issue. All the escalators break down and do so more frequently than the indoor ones.

These were down when I was there the first week in September. I don't use them as they get jammed up with people who ride them. I like to walk fast, no matter how tired I am.

5. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! This gives me the info I needed...but the answers are also bittersweet, since I am going in just over a week, and I have to now cross my fingers that the escalators aren't gummed up, LOL!

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On weekend late nights, many escalators are down. I assumed it was for safety reasons. But I guess it could be for lack of maintenance. It's not a Vegas trip without a third of the escalators being shut off.

7. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in Vegas right now and the route you described is currently open. That doesn't guarantee that it will be open when you're here, but it is right now.

Also, on this particular trip, I've only seen 2 escalators/walkways that weren't working, but both of them were being worked on. The 2nd moving walkway from the strip to the Wax Museum was being cleaned so they had it blocked off, but not for very long. I'm assuming that they probably shut down another one to clean it afterwards, but I never saw that so I can't count that. Then the up escalator inside Palazzo, when you enter from the bridge from Wynn, was shut down. This was the one right inside the door that leads up to the Grand Canal Shops.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.