1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mountain Biking in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Big Tip, May 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been golfing as much as I normally do here in Austin lately. I HAVE been mountain biking a lot though. We are going to Las Vegas next week and I'm thinking about renting a bike and hitting the trails one day while the guys golf. I do plan to golf two days.
    I've found a couple of places to rent a good enough full squish bike. But my question is about the trails. I'm looking at the trails around Red Rocks, the system that is sort of southeast of it.
    Has anyone ridden out there? What's it like? I can do climbs, but it's not my favorite thing, unless I can "harvest" the effort of the climb by being able to do a fast, flow-y downhill, "earned" by that climb. I also don't like super tech, or gnarl, but I can do it., especially if it gets me to some faster stuff. Austin has lots of gnarl and rock so I'm use to it.
    Also, am I going to get lost? lol How easy is it to navigate?

Thanks

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband did a tour with a bike shop way out to the west. They went to an area out near Red Rock. They customized the route based on the skill level of the group. Sorry I can't find the name of the shop now.

3. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't help you, Tip. Sorry. I've done no mtb-ing in Vegas. Maybe hit google and find a LBS and see -- as Sonya's discussing -- if there are group rides or at least some recs or a tour provider.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.