1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mother of Dragons I think I have the flu!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by vwhiten, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the flu shot in October. - I don't have a choice. I am a believer in the vaccine. It is not a guarantee. We have had a very mild winter and very little flu. Winter is still nonexistent but the flu is alive and well. I am exposed to it all the time being a hospital nurse. I went to bed feeling fine around 11 pm woke up at 2:30 feeling like I got hit by a Mack truck. Took some NyQuil and trying to get back to sleep. Several local elementary schools have closed around here because of rampant flu.

At least it wasn't last month around my Vegas trip.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take care. I was sick like a dog on my December trip. Being a nurse is an admirable and thankless job. Now it's time to take care of yourself.

Get well soon.

3. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    get well soon, you know the drill, get plenty of rest!!!!

Our last time in Vegas (December 2015), I got hit with the flu, two days into the trip. It was awful and the worst trip ever.

4. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Hydrate hydrate hydrate! And lots of sleep!!

5. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Val!

RICHARD

6. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you recover soon,took the shot two weeks ago,my theory is to let let the flu take hold and then the drug companys will have a handle on what strain it is and adjust the shot accordingly. Like most of my theorys its probably stupid but I havent got the flu yet. Another trip to AC today ,if I dont get it down there from the VP machines I'll be lucky. My theory on this is to drink beer and go to the mensroom often so I'll be washing my hands a lot. Also have a couple single malts on the rocks to kill any jerms .

7. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All that idle time cause you to start reading The Huffington Post? J/K:poke:

Get well soon, Val!

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon!

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I notice that they usually try to "guess" what kinds of flu strains will be around that year but I notice that sometimes they "miss" some. I usually get my flu shot around November with the hope that they get all the strains that start coming around in the later part of the year. But then they usually prepare the shots months in advance so sometimes it cannot be helped that they miss a new strain that is around for the season.

But then the past few years any flu that I do get isn't as bad as the years that I don't get a flu shot and I catch the flu.

10. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you feel better soon. Take
    care and drink plenty of fluids.

11. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It has seemingly ramped up here the last couple of weeks, several school districts have such high absentee rates and employees sick they have been cancelling classes even. Good luck with the recovery.

12. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol-caused me to have an out of body experience. Still feeling like crap but a little better. I wish the hospital would give us an option to vaccinate later in the year. We have until October 31 until we get the Scarlet letter on our name badge and they force us to wear a mask all the time even though we are not sick.

This is the 2nd year in a row the flu outbreak has been late. I think we need to adjust or take a booster.

13. hard6

hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elctroguy, don't you hate it when it you wait for your Vegas vacation, spend $500 + and get sick, been through that at least 3 or 4 times. I've heard that as soon as our mind and body's on vacation mode that our immune system starts to relax and that's when we get hit and hit hard.

14. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two weeks before I take a Vegas trip I start taking Airborne with Vitamin C. I used to take echinacea too. I have not bought any recently.

15. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it's not fair but such is life, lol! I felt so terrible this past trip I didn't even feel like gambling. I like to play craps but I felt conscientious because I was coughing and sneezing hard and you know how crowded the craps table can get. Just didn't want to get "that look" from the customers. :eek:

16. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    drink loads of alcohol, hard liquor is the best;
    clubbing hard, pull some all-nighters;
    no flu can attack you. ( well, hungover could)

17. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldn't you know it. Now I have pink eye. I have never had pink eye. I get over the flu symptoms. Barely before I started my grueling work schedule last week. Work 3 12 hour shifts- off one night back for 3 more. Then I'm off for seven days. I usually pick up an extra shift or two somewhere. I worked an extra shift in ER Sunday -Monday afternoon Right eye is Red and gummy. Being the kind of nurse most are -I ignore it because I am Super Woman- today no change So I hobble to the clinic and it takes the PA about 5 seconds to agree it is Pink eye.

SOB- add to the fact rain and temperature drop from 80s This weekend and down in the 40s to 30s now--My allergies are kicking in.

18. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get well soon Val! The flu has been brutal here too. My 9 year old has been sick for 5 days with it and my son is still coughing on week 3 after it. Kids are out of school for weeks with whatever is going around. I was so sick I was delirious when I got it. Hopefully Lucy will kick what's left while we are on our cruise.

19. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bride, the [naughty] night nurse, has two patients with Influenza-A right now.
    She gets to wear protective gear--not quite like Dustin Hoffman in Outbreak, but close!

Sorry to hear about the pink eye now, Val!
    Sending my best thoughts for your speedy recovery!
    Hope you could read that! :poke: Kidding, Val! :D
    Get well soon!!!!

RICHARD

20. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update: Make that four patients now! :eek:

Hope things are improving for you, @vwhiten !

RICHARD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.