1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Most Surprisingly Nice Room You Stayed In ?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Joe Strummer, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds about right. Felt good to pretend to be rich, didn't it?

2. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    this is a tough question because most of the nicest rooms I've stayed in Wynncore, V/P, Bellagio, Cosmo, and even nicer suites at lower tier properties like NYNY Carlyle Suite, Mandalay Media Suite were nice AS EXPECTED.

But as for a real SURPRISE, I think the closest thing for me is Excalibur One Bedroom Suite. It was remodeled and really a nice oasis within the Nasty Castle. It wasn't incredible, but far more decent than expected. Second is probably NYNY Carlyle Suite, expected pretty nice but not that nice.

3. Jameezy

Jameezy RIP Riviera

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 underrated spots

Ballys rooms do not get enough love on this forum. The rooms are huge and comfortable. Really clean and spacious! Stayed in the suite for New years at ballys and there was a hot tub in the room and everything. I'll be at Quad March 6-11 but most def at ballys on my trip after this march one.

One time I had to stay at RIO since there was a leakage at Caesers palace. Was super high up in the building with a view of the mountains and strip. Room was big and spacious . Good room service.

I want to add riviera but that would be basing it off the new rooms only. I heard the old rooms are kinda wack haha. Still love the riv and will defend it to the end of time:nworthy:

4. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2008 I went on a solo trip and visited the month-old Palazzo. Got a players card and won a couple hundred. Went the next day and lost a hundred. By the time our summer vacation rolled around they had sent me a two-night offer, so I surprised my Lady with it. We left the Flamingo, went north, opened the door, and (angels singing) aaaaahhhhhhh!

Now I know it was a standard room in a nice hotel, but it was so unexpected and surprising.

5. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were given a suite at Paris...not sure but think it was a Imperial Suite (need to look it up)...it was the double doors in the open area after getting off the elevator. We kept looking for the number on the wall for each hallway and finally hubby saw our room number over the double doors & marble entry. WOW - even had his & her bathrooms...mine had a great soaker tub. hubby had a huge shower and both had double closets. The place was deluxe. Really enjoyed that stay. :)

6. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last Aug my sis and I booked a classic room at Harrah's I did the $20 trick and we were upgraded to a Premium room overlooking the pool and partial strip view...it was much nicer than the classic (which we had been in during a previous trip)

7. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second the Excalibur One Bedroom Suite - it was a huge surprise. It wasn't outstanding, however, it far surpassed my expectations. Take a look at their website for pictures - with a wet bar, and steam shower, and on the top floor, it was a great place.

(Having stayed in the Mandalay Media Suite - I agree with BeeeJay - it is as expected - as is many of the 5 star rooms)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.