1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo Upgrade

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mgilmore, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying two nights through Myvegas at Monte Carlo in late May. We just got an offer to upgrade to a spa suite for $49 a night. Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks!

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly that's about what the rooms should sell for. They are pretty dated, the spa is large enough for two, has a small window overlooking whatever side of the building you are one, a wet bar area, couch, bigger tub, etc. All the furniture in the Suites I've been staying in is pretty worn and dated. These rooms are off the central hub of the hotel, close to the elevators so they can be noisy, very noisy. Usually they have connecting doors to other rooms so it depends on your neighbors or maybe you - if one either is planning on a party and the other doesn't want one expect issues. Last year all of a sudden my neighbors started blaring full blast music like it was Cinco de Mayo, but it wasn't. Folks started piling into the Diamond suite next door. Since I had work the next day and needed sleep the hotel gave me an end room on another floor rather than stop someone's birthday party (they were cool, invited me in, apologized but I needed to sleep until 5 a.m. not partying)

Others will have different opinions I'm sure but until MC renovates their Suites I refuse to stay in them. I gave up 13 nights in a suite in March for a 2 Queen room at the end of the hall just for the quiet. That had a broken dresser, broken window, etc but at least I got sleep. Next trip Aria.

3. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are nice rooms (little worn but that's accurate for all of the rooms). The Spa Suites are larger than a regular room and have a small bar area when you walk in and a spa tub by the window. If the quality of the room is important too you, $100 more might be worth it. For me, a regular or Monoco suite room for less money is fine.

I've stayed in both a spa suite and monoco and haven't had any issues with noise near the elevators.

4. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads up, the spa tubs with jets have all been replaced, so what you'll be getting is a spa-sized bathtub.

6. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for the advice!! I might just save the $100, and spend it on a show, or more video poker, lol.

7. Mgilmore

Mgilmore Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe they got rid of the jets. I'm not really interested in sitting in a big tub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.