1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo December Trip: $98 Spa Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Piggylane, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I needed to book a twelve night business trip back to Las Vegas so I cruised through my various hotel websites (I'm Platinum Elite for Life with Marriott, Platinum with Holiday Inn, Diamond with Hyatt) and came back with prices upwards of $129 per night unless I wanted to stay in Henderson (not this trip). Since MGM credits Hyatt and I'm an mLife Platinum I looked at various properties on the strip and as usual Monte Carlo popped up as the best value.

Had I taken the cheapest room - my company would have been thrilled - it would have averaged $59 a night. But they listed the Spa Suite for an average of $98 so I snagged it. I've stayed in one of those rooms before and while I cannot say they are opulent they certainly are better than the Orleans, Gold Coast or many of the CET properties. Plus that spa will get a workout: my back gets sore during the day and Piggylane likes to relax at night!

The really odd thing is, the National Finals of Rodeo are in town Dec 4-13. My reservation is December 1-13 so I figured many hotels would be booked. Having been in Las Vegas now for those two weeks 14 years in a row I've experienced - enjoyed really - the NFR folks just about every year (some years I've stayed way off strip).

I just wanted to let the advanced planners on the board know that right now there are some good deals out there for those two weeks but don't wait too long.

Back to the Monte Carlo October 3 for three nights in a Monaco Suite. Hopefully write a TR. Actually hope I hit the big one so I can retire!

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NFR is a draw, but not a super huge draw, I think. During that time frame, I don't think there are many other major events at all. We've made two early December trips thanks to favorable prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.