1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Monorail reward - 5 day BOGO

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Adanaca, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Adanaca

Adanaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a couple of questions regarding the MyVegas Monorail reward.

I understand you buy one 5 day pass and get the second pass free. And that the MyVegas account holder has to redeem the reward. But once you have the passes, can anyone use them? Or are they to be used only by the same two people?

I am wondering as we are a group of 4 adults and we were thinking of sharing the two passes, if it is allowed.

2. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is no checking of IDs once you buy the pass. You just scan it at the turnstiles for entry.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Adanaca

Adanaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the answer we hoped for. Thank you!

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt you are able to use 2 passes for 4 people consecutively though. It would surprise me if the system allowed scanning the same ticket within 5-10 minutes at the same station.

5. Adanaca

Adanaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, we wouldn't all be using them at the same time.... Two of us like to stay back at the resort sometimes, lounging around the pool. The other two would use the passes and head up to the Strip.

6. SnertAlert

SnertAlert Toast Smuggler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scott is correct, you cannot reswipe the card by passing it to the person behind you. It does lock out for a period of time once entered. If you are drunk, put your card in, and go to the wrong turnstyle, one of the transit officers will need to come up and swipe you through again. Heard this from a friend :).

The monorail isn't for everyone, quite a bit more walking that with Lyft or Uber. If you are new the promo codes almost make rideshare a wash. But if you don't mind the longer walk to the station it can take you to places you might otherwise not go. I love the rail.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Adanaca

Adanaca Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying for a week at the Holiday Inn Vacation Desert Club on Koval, which is right behind the High Roller. Linq monorail station is maybe a 5 minute walk from the resort, so should be a handy way for us to get around.