1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monorail Or Bus

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by KJM, Sep 8, 2021.

1. KJM

KJM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I was in Vegas the Monorail only ran from Bally's to MGM. I kind of thought it was too much of a walk thru MGM to get to the strip and wasn't really worth it. Now that it goes to the Flamingo/Harris are those stations a bit closer to the hotel. What are your thoughts on the monorail? Due your prefer the Bus or the Monorail. I'll be staying at Excalibur. Planning on going downtown and I have show tickets at the Flamingo for one night. Debating if I just want to bus it to downtown and flamingo Or monorail it to SLS and then a taxi to downtown. Just what are you general thoughts.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, Take The Deuce (bus)

https://www.lasvegashowto.com/las-vegas-deuce

$24 for a three day pass.

Borgata Atlantic City - 2 nights comped
    (tentative) First HGS weekend
  3. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To go downtown from Excalibur, just catch the CX at NYNY (on Tropicana). You can take it back also and drops off in front of Tropicana Hotel. (Just note, there was a post that due to construction, the pickup downtown is just outside Golden Nugget - but this may not still be the case). You can use that same pass for $24 for 3 days or it's $2 each way or $5 for a 24 hour pass.

Couple of additional notes. The CX doesn't run 24/7 so watch for that.
    If you are doing downtown and Flamingo show within the same 24 hour period, you can time it to fit within the one $5 ticket. The $2 or $5 is supposed to be for residential routes, so you can't buy that for the deuce, but if you buy your ticket on the CX first or use the RTC app, they don't check. Otherwise if you do the deuce first it would be $20 (actually I think) for 3 days or $8 per 24 hours.
    Make sure you have correct change for the CX.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bus or other transportation. That's a lot of walking to get to the MGM station. You could be at your destination quicker with bus or ride share than heading over to the monorail, especially when heading downtown.

5. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While staying at Excalibur the biggest issue with the Monorail is the time it takes to hoof it to the station and MGM and navigate that beast of a property.

6. KJM

KJM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to use RTC app on there it say $20 3 day strip and All Access. I would assume that would be for any bus route? I'm staying 4 days. Are you saying I could buy a Residential 7 day pass for $20

7. ATLMM

ATLMM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both passes are good on any route, so go with the 7-day pass for $20 if you need more than 3 days worth of rides considering it's the same price.
    Where Excalibur is located is actually the best intersection to be at when going downtown because of the CX. It only runs once an hour, so make sure you time it right (but it's Vegas, so unless you have a reservation there's always something to kill some time). If you are coming back after the CX ends for the night you can still just take the Deuce.

When going to downtown board in front of NYNY on Tropicana Avenue.

• Informative Informative x 1