1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monaco Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VegasLover8, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Long story short, a friend that I was suppose to meet in Vegas told me something has come up and he will need to leave Vegas earlier than originally scheduled. :thumbsdown: I won't even see him unless we cross paths at McCarran when I land on Friday, 10/16.

On the bright side, he said I can have the last 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) of his comped Monaco Suite at the Monte Carlo. He will be leaving a room key with a friend that will already be in town and the 2nd key will be on the dresser in the room.

How is the Monaco suite? Any opinions? Heard/read that it is showing its age, etc.

I looked on the MC website and it says the suite has a king bed. There is also a couch right? Pictures show a couch, but the room description does not specifically mention a couch. Is the couch a pull out? Another friend is staying with me. So it looks like one us will be sleeping on the couch. Not a big deal. I can pass out and sleep anywhere.

Lastly how would the check out procedure work? Can I just leave Sunday morning? Obviously my friend won't be there to check out. Since it's comped, do I just leave and drop off the keys at the front desk?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes there is a couch in the Monaco Suites.

When you enter there is a small bathroom on the right and a sitting area (TV, coffee table, couch, mini bar, fridge) in front of you. Then the rest of the room is pretty spacious and has a table up against the window, a king sized bed and then the main bathroom.

The rooms are showing their age a bit.

I don't think the couch has a pull out bed - I didn't check but there isn't really room for it by how it is placed in the room. If it was a pull out then you would have to either move the coffee table or move the sofa itself and can't see them making guests do that.

I'm trying to think back, but I don't think the couch was that big, might not be the best to sleep on if its just a short one. I'd probably be thinking of just sharing the king sized bed.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - Yes, you can just leave and not worry about checking out.

2 - Your friend can add your name to the account when he checks in. That way you can just stop and get a key in case you do not meet up with the " other person".

3 - Very important. Your friend should leave the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. And, possible an obvious note in the room that he has NOT checked out. I have heard of housekeeping thinking the occupant has left and will clean the room, and of course check him out. Happened to us once.

4. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Thanks for the tips. I will see about the couch. Like I said I can sleep anywhere.

I will definitely tell my friend to put the do not disturb sign before he leaves.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.