1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mommy got Room Comps!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Ronnie Diaz, Aug 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wordster

wordster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife just got diamond in a day last weekend playing slots, and today, the Caesar Rewards website is offering comped rooms for everything except CP suites for basically any day... even thanksgiving weekend. We're anxious to take advantage of this for maybe an October trip, but we don't plan doing 5000TC per day. Even though we're not planning to gamble to get these comp offers, do you guys know how much TC/day or "theo" (still learning what that means) or ADT (there are way too many acronyms) we need to keep these room comp offers in the future?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, and IME (In My Experience), it depends on the type of room you are getting.

The Augustus Tower Strip view rooms, AFAIK, are a comp value that exceeds $200 a night.

You would probably need AT LEAST 1000TC a day to cover your room at CP. I shoot for 1000TC a day at Harrahs to cover the room and front end comps.

Others may have differing opinions.

Borgata Atlantic City - 2 nights comped
    (tentative) First HGS weekend
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. alexm

alexm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not seeing this thread, I gave you a bit more of a breakdown in your other thread. That's awesome, but not unsurprising that her comps jumped. I agree with @DaiLun that 1k TC per day will probably keep most comp rooms coming. That's the number I play to every trip and it has me comped at all CET properties except NOBU every single day of the year including NYE. I play a lot of video poker and less slots than you so my minimum coin in is probably around 8750 (7500 VP + 1250 slots) per day of play. I usually end That results in a theo of around 425 per day which seems to keep the rooms, but I get almost no other up front anythings. On checkout though they usually pick up some of my food expenses as well.

The one thing I would tell you to do is if you know your play is going to drop dramatically, book some more rooms up front I think CET will let you carry 4 or 5 reservations. At least then if offers go away, you still have the rooms comped.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If she just did 5000 TCs in one day in slots, watch your mail in about 6 weeks for some juicy free play/food offers. Nothing wrong with booking the comped rooms now, you can always add an offer code later.

I agree, 1000 TCs a day on slots will be sufficient to keep room comps at CP. Higher play will sweeten the deal with free play or other goodies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This guy knows.

I would wait at least couple of weeks, or into September to see what kind of packaged offers (with FP & RC) you get, and then book at least your next trip.

And then a week or so before your Thanksgiving trip, check again to see what additional packaged offers might have rolled in. And book a couple more future reservations on spec.

I agree with everybody that 1,000 base TCs ($5k coin-in) average per day should keep you in comps, but they won't be as good as what you're looking at now. So the idea is to lock in a couple of future trips on more favorable terms before you go and play at a lower level.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.