1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Royal Offer Extended (Ends 7/31/18)

Discussion in 'Hotel Offers & Discounts' started by eliza, Sep 14, 2017.

1. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any other updates from those who have completed a trip recently?

I am thinking about canceling my 2 night mirage through Expedia to rebook it with this offer.

I will increase my up front cost by $35 but gain $150 in resort credits.

2. dis220

dis220 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a fabulous deal. I just used it at Aria...room was $300 with $200 in credits. Amazing deal. Just call the front desk every morning to make sure your meals/drinks/massages have been credited. I had to do that every day.

3. SterlingGuy

SterlingGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a four night stay at The Mirage (@ $40/night plus fees and taxes). Called front desk and told specifically that the credit was only for that resort (The Mirage). To test it, we ate at a chinese place at NYNY and billed it to our room. True enough- resort credit didn't remove it- so we left a little bit of our $150 on the table, so to speak. We did the Love show, buffet, and BVD burgers - all the Mirage- and most was taken care of by the credit. A great deal- just make sure you can use your credit at your hotel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Can you explain how you bought the LOVE tickets? Did you just go to the box office and charge them to your room?

I ask because I have enough MV points to purchase one ticket (if the dates refresh on Jan 1st) but would still need to purchase a ticket for my wife.

Thanks in advance.

5. Mnguy763

Mnguy763 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Aria in December under this offer. I am platinum with Mlife and the offer beat my rates, in addition to the $200 RC. RC was no issue as the $200 was credited to my account without any hassles. They told me it could only be used for Aria establishments, but I charge anything and everything to my account for tier credits across Mlife properties, so its kind of semantics of where it gets credited to unless you're on a super tight budget.

Spend $200 on a dinner at the mirage, but the nickle and dime charges at the Aria add up to $200 and its all a wash.

6. Yellman

Yellman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea if it will be extended past March, last time they kept extending it into the summer

7. eliza

eliza High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My best guess is yes. They've been extending this over and over again for the past few years. But, every time it expires/gets close to expiration I worry that it's over for good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. kingslender

kingslender Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG Thanks for posting this - just save myself a couple hundred bucks on the room at The Mirage AND got the $150 resort credit!

Buffets all around!

9. SterlingGuy

SterlingGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, just went to the box office in the Mirage and bought tix. $55 + taxes and fees= $75

10. blkshirt

blkshirt Husker in Ohio. GBR!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need to keep an eye on this for our April 2nd Trip. Already booked at Delano, the wife got $50 credit plus $50 free play... Of course I didn't get squat... lol We used this same offer last June and it was great!!!

Wasting away again in Margaritaville!
  11. goldengirl

goldengirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just be careful and check other rates. My Mlife price is much better.

Attached Files:

12. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How would you know if it's being extended? Do you just keep checking...?

13. markr520

markr520 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody know what restaurants you can use the MC reward at? Doesn't look like there's many restaurants there at all...

14. eliza

eliza High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. I've used the offer twice over the last few years --- so I usually check whenever my yearly work trip to Vegas pops up.

That's a good question --- with the reno and all of the restaurant closures, I'm not sure much is left at MC. Unfortunately, unless someone chimes in with recent experience, I think you'll just have to chance it. I stayed at MC last month (no on the Royal Offer) and at that time I think only one restaurant was open. They might be letting you use the credit for other Mlife props --- but maybe not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that...But where do you see the restaurants...Just on the website itself? :ssst:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. blkshirt

blkshirt Husker in Ohio. GBR!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, when we stayed at Delano last year we used it at Border Grill at MB. Just charge everything to the room and you'll be fine.

Wasting away again in Margaritaville!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank You

18. romeocasido

romeocasido Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI here is the MGM list of participating restaurants where you can use your room credit. Note that gift shops, retails shops, food court, in room dining, and a lot of other things don't count towards the credit... I found that out the hard way in the middle of my trip before i confirmed with front desk and THEN they gave me this flyer that shows the list...

The list seems incorrect though as the Sushi Bar and the Sports Book Deli were both covered by my room credit. But if you want to play it safe i say just go with the list.

You can look to see if you were charged by viewing the room charges on your TV menu. The most confusing part of the credit is that if it pays for a meal then the charge won't show up AT ALL... I'd rather the charge show up, then the credit applied. Like so...

MGM Grand Buffet $39.99
    MGM Grand Buffet (-$39.99)

This way you can count how much of the credit you used... For the fact that you don't see any charges paid for by room credit makes it hard to figure out your remaining balance. Especially since the list seems inconsistent... We had drinks at Tap but seems like the alcohol was not covered... Is that the rule for all room credit? Can't count towards alcohol? But lobby bar, centrifuge, and losers bar are on the list... and that's all they sell.

My advice, play it safe and just use it for the buffet[​IMG]

https://imgur.com/a/aDUQZ

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For anyone wondering if Free Play from the MyVegas app can be stacked with this promotion - I used both a $25 and a $50 MyVegas reward back in April, while staying on the Royal offer. No issues at all.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This makes me wary of using the promo at MGM Grand. Its pretty much the buffet and coffee shop...and Hecho lol. I wonder if NYNY does something similar?