1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife or CET Comp Codes (or other hotels).... learn something new?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, Vegasitis is already kicking in, so I called Mlife to check on some various offers (OCD!).

Some Mlife staff (when you call in) have said they can't tell if you have resort fees until AFTER they confirm your booking, but I've always thought the code itself should be a clue.

This time, I got a sweetheart on the phone, who also has 20+ years working in Vegas (it was a great call as he was generous with him time, and SUPER informative).

He stated anytime you see GA on the front of an Mlife code, it means there are no resort fees. He said occasionally, they'll give 4 nights, but it's often a GC code in front (or something else), which means you WILL pay resort fees. Again though, GA = a code without resort fees.

As always, I cannot guarantee the accuracy, but every single one of my "resort fee-free" stay shas been on a GA offer. (where the code starts with GA). As people sometimes chose between a few offers, I wanted to share the feedback on GA SUPPOSEDLY means "resort fees are waived".

If anyone else finds code tips on Mlife offers (or CET, or others), I thought this might be helpful to have a thread.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone who has one of those MLife offers that say "only pay resort fees" should be able to at least partially confirm this if they can find the code.

I can confirm that my offers are always GA and I've never been charged a resort fee on a comped night. A long time ago, MGM codes used to have a play level and type number buried in them. You would get an email with a link to click on that would show you the terms and you could swap in a different number and see what other people were getting.

CET offer codes have a schema but there's nothing really extra revealed in it.

Cosmo offers I haven't been able to decipher the code at all, I've seen two different codes, but usually get the same exact one every time. But even when the code has been the same, the components gyrate all over the place as far as room type, freeplay and resort credit amount.

V/P codes I had figured out but there wasn't anything special in them, and I haven't gotten any in a long time.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting I've never had to pay resorts fees and never really looked at my offers. All my codes are the GA variety, after just now looking They also say resort may apply. I'll have to report back after my next booking. My Memorial Day trip is resort fees waived, no idea what the offer code was.

4. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wish they could write it out "no resort fees" versus making it such a mystery!!!!

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using "may" allows them to have a single boilerplate T & C that applies to everybody. Can you imagine what would happen if they tried to have two separate ones and load them correctly? Your Express Comps could go missing for years. :evillaugh:

6. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! As always, GREAT point. Just like how they leave confirmation letters very vanilla. It just seems like a good selling point to add under your specific offers
    3 nights in X room
    X free play
    X RC
    No resort fees

BUT, I'd rather have resort fees waived and have it be a little unclear, then have to pay resort fees and have the verbiage crystal clear! ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. brit2vegas

brit2vegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just checked my offers that I`ve booked for August, both the Mlife bookings are GA codes, so hopefully you are correct! :)
    I do love it when free actually means FREE! :woohoo:

• Like Like x 1
  8. go to vegas more

go to vegas more Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My latest set of corporate offers from Mlife isall over the place. I have 3 nights fb and fp at any property some show as GA some as GC one as a GI and 2 of them don't have a code at all. I am going to use the Bellagio one but I am going to call to book as it is one of the ones that has no code.

9. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just want to confirm what @Multifarious5 said about the GA offer code from Mlife.
    I had a special offer for MB which it clearly said resort fees would apply
    and I knew that but I didn't know the offer code.
    However when I booked it, I saw the offer code online was GA...
    Long story short, when I checked in I asked about resort fee, the answer was "No resort fee"
    and when I checked out, indeed no resort fee.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just looked and I have the same. They're not GA and GC though, they're CA and CC. And then a couple are GI.

Judging by the properties and some of the verbiage in the offers (which is inconsistent from property to property), it looks to me like

This is what I have, the code you have for these properties will vary according to your play level.
    • GC/CC pays resort fee (Bellagio, Aria, MB, Delano, MGM Grand, Mirage). MGM Grand specifically says "only pay resort fee." If MGM Grand is charging me resort fee, then so are the other GC/CC ones
    • GA/CA is no resort fee (Monte Carlo, NYNY)
    • GI I think probably no resort fee because they're at Luxor and Excal.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I looked at my bookings and agree about the GC one for my MGM stay. My Aria stay in October is a GI, so will be interesting to see what that means.

12. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an offer at Luxor that has a code GE, didn't see this code in any of the threads linked earlier in this thread...

Vegas Trip #43!
    Vegas Trip #44!
  13. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooooh, let us know how it turns out; I've never seen it either.

GA usually = no RF. GI I've heard of, but don't know.....GE no clue.

Maybe it's because you're s perfect GentlEman? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.