1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Oddity

Discussion in 'Comps' started by aronius, Nov 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need some opinions on a strange MLife comp situation.

Last trip was in August and I upped my play a decent amount. I didn't see any improvement to my offers so I went ahead and booked Aria for my March Madness trip, no free play and $50 resort credit, 4 nights for $600 all in. A few weeks later I get an offer with $75 free play and $50 resort. I call to re-book as you can't see the offer rates on the days you already have booked. The agent tells me its the same price and she can't see any free play. I cancel my reservation and re-book online, sure enough, same price but with free play.

A week ago I was toying with the idea of a Super Bowl trip and started looking through my offers. Aria full comp, mid tier MLife properties suites with full comp.

Am I correct in thinking it's really strange to have full comps during Super Bowl weekend and have to pay more than usual during MM?

Should I cancel my reservation and give the system a week or two to reset and see if the rates change?

Just a quickie...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without getting too specific, "upped" from what to what?

The following Is MHO if it's only one trip, remember that ADT means "average", so one trip out of 3 or 5 won't have a significant effect.

"Am I correct in thinking it's really strange to have full comps during Super Bowl weekend and have to pay more than usual during MM?"

IMHO, No. March madness is a heavier betting weekend because of the number of games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks DaiLun. Coin in went from 21k on my March trip to 35k in August, same trip length, mixture VP and slots. Table gambling was probably similar both trips.

I'll probably leave it as is. I've been burned before cancelling only to re-book at a higher rate. It just seemed off to me that two busy weekends would have such different offers. Maybe they have adjusted their formula to account for the fact I'll be in Vegas for MM every year, haha

Just a quickie...
  4. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not correct. Not strange at all.
    Super Bowl is just an event (and thousands miles away), but no big deal for Vegas hotels. Many other events in town have much bigger impact.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree. SB still brings in some of the biggest crowds for Vegas (although MM Thurs to Sun surpassed SB weekend a couple years ago)

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We can agree on the disagreement.
    You are right if a few years ago.
    My impression is nowadays every weekend Vegas is very busy. SB weekend is busier than average, but not too much anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.