1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife linked account question on individual offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by chantellevegas, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if my linked player booked a room through a host, NOT using an corp or property offer (the host made up his own offer for room comp only, no FP or RC), could the other linked player book the same nights using a corp or property offer? Basically my linked player and I want to travel the same dates but stay at different properties because of varying tournaments and interests.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you'll probably be OK. From what JosieCat has said, they seem to make offers independently to linked players, and the linkage is mostly a way of giving two people access to a combined pool of ECs and the benefit of combined TCs rather than combining your ratings. You still have and account and your linked player still has an account.

Since your linked player has a host, I would take the opportunity to use that as a resource and ask the host a) If you can do this, and b). whether you both have the same rating in their system because your accounts are linked or do they maintain separate ratings.

Hopefully the host can give you a straight up or down answer. But the host won't be put out merely because you asked.

3. jughead1963

jughead1963 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of years ago, my wife used my offer for room comps and free play at the Monte Carlo. It can't hurt to call. That's what I did.

4. chantellevegas

chantellevegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We both have hosts and i've thrown that question out there to her before i book flights. I know you cant both use corp offers because they can see when you're booked at anothet property and will tell you to cancel, but im not sure when booked on a hosts offer just on a room comp with no extras like fp or rc. Thanks!

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What it boils down to (and I don't know the answer) is, are the host's offer and the MLife offer you're using based on the sum of your ADTs, or each of them separately. I tend to think the latter, and that's why I think you'll be OK.

If each of your play separately warrants a free room, you're all set. If you only "deserve" a single free room based on your combined play, then they're going to look at it like that.

If you both have hosts, then I'd assume each of your play is sufficient. In that case, I'd expect you could both even book separate offers both with FP and RC for the same dates without a problem.

Maybe if Josie sees this she can weigh in. The linked situation doesn't come up here that often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.