1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife last minute cancel for better hotel/offer

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sogi311, Mar 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sogi311

sogi311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am currently booked at Park MGM for 2 nights 3/26 to 3/28 price including taxes and fees totals at $208. These are Thursday and Friday nights.
    Looking at Mlife today for let’s say this weekend I could stay at Aria, bellagio, mandalay 4 nights comped. I am assuming it is because of less travelers right now.

The rates posted now for the nights I am going to be there are lower right now but not really any less than what I am paying.

does it make sense to gamble a little and cancel what I have now and keep my eyes on the calendar and re book elsewhere? My Caesar’s offers do not seem to be as discounted as Mlife, not that I am much of a player at either.

we are at Wynn two nights before that so just looking to be closer to midlife of strip the last two nights. park mgm is only for location and access to mid strip.

2. mikeinctown

mikeinctown High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would you cancel if you aren't going to be saving any money? You're allowed to cancel without penalty up to 24 hours before, I believe. So just wait and keep watching.

3. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think sometimes it's 48 or 72 hours, depending on the particular terms, but agreed. There's zero reason to cancel now.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Standard for mLife is 72 hours.

Definitely keep checking for better rates while holding a rate you would be happy with. As long as it doesn't cost you a penalty to rebook, then jump on any good offers you come across.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did this yesterday. I booked Vdara 3 weeks ago but with some of the convention cancellations I decided to take a flyer and see what was available now. I cancelled Vdara and got a similar suite at Delano and was able to add the VIP package and got some added RC for a hundy less than the original Vdara booking.

It's risky in that if you cancel a booking, especially for the current month, there's always a chance rates have gone up, but in my case it worked out. You can always just call the resort if you're locked into one and ask them if rates have changed, then they can re-book you if you don't want to take the chance.

This certainly can work for CR too. I've re-booked into far better rooms as close as a week out from the trip just by continually checking rates.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. sogi311

sogi311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking at the next few days and i guess I am just going to keep an eye on it and hope that a few days before the rates will be drastically reduced like they are now.

Thanks for your input

7. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Caesers comp offers are now wide open, including CP and Cromwell. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of
    incentives to fill rooms as a result of cancelled conventions and more. As for me, I'm taking a wait and see attitude before I book my next Vegas trip, which I hoped/planned for May/birthday....not so sure May is realistic at this time. I am going to Charlestown WV tomorrow to see the Little River Band/gambling with my wife...still a degen. :D

December 8-10
    Three nights at The Mirage
  8. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are getting 4 nights comped right now on the calendar, how many eligible comp stays are you seeing in March, or are the comped nights only for the next week or so?

FYI MLIFE usually requires 72 hours to cancel to avoid being charged a cancelation fee....

9. kkinwi

kkinwi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would def wait until you have actual cheaper/comped rates. Otherwise you risk not getting the room you wanted initially.

10. Curt

Curt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can call the number on your reservations email and tell them about the lower price. I do that almost every time I go to Vegas and they always lower my price.

11. Packeral

Packeral Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always rebook before you cancel your current reservation. I do this often. I book as soon as I know I’m going and rebook and cancel as rates go down.

12. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another Question regarding this. I’ve already booked but now when I look I have better offers. More Nights comped/better room types. The dates I wanna go are 5/10-5-15. On the current promos I see none of those dates are available for comp. Is that because I’m already booked those days and if I cancel would they open up so I could upgrade hotels or at least rooms in the place I have booked.

13. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

There is logic built into the offer calendar based on the rules of 1) no concurrent mlife offer rooms bookings, and 2) no bookings 72 hours prior to or after an offer-stay

What will happen if you cancel online? What offers will appear? When will they appear; how soon will the calendar update after cancellation? No guarantees. The MGM people themselves may not even know every single piece of stray programming code built into the offer calendar rules engine.... One person's experience won't necessarily match another's. My Tuesday experience may not match my Thursday experience, even if I tried the exact same transaction.

I'd call and see what can be changed via phone. Reservationists are regular folk... they're happy to give callers a better rate if they can find one.

Holiday Return after 39 Months
    Superbowl
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SAll11

SAll11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would I call MLife or the hotel I’m booked at?

15. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call the VIP reservations number in your MLife account

Holiday Return after 39 Months
    Superbowl
  16. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While not exactly last minute I did a very similar thing last night. I had booked a reasonably good deal at Bally's for our trip later this month for 3 nights. I checked yesterday and a COMP came up for the same nights. I canceled back my booked reservation and grabbed the COMP. I couldn't book the COMP until I canceled back the initial reservation. All was done online and it all worked out well. The only change was that I had a King before and now we are in a 2 queen.

Let's do this!
    Let's do this!
  17. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do this all the time. Book a decent MLife offer, cancel and rebook if something better comes up. I sometimes get an even better deal calling the MLife desk, over the web-offers. Rinse and repeat. Take the best possible deal you can get 'cause MGM is gonna squeeze you elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.