1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife last minute cancel for better hotel/offer

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sogi311, Mar 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sogi311

    sogi311 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    Messages:
    200
    Location:
    Raleigh
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    I am currently booked at Park MGM for 2 nights 3/26 to 3/28 price including taxes and fees totals at $208. These are Thursday and Friday nights.
    Looking at Mlife today for let’s say this weekend I could stay at Aria, bellagio, mandalay 4 nights comped. I am assuming it is because of less travelers right now.

    The rates posted now for the nights I am going to be there are lower right now but not really any less than what I am paying.

    does it make sense to gamble a little and cancel what I have now and keep my eyes on the calendar and re book elsewhere? My Caesar’s offers do not seem to be as discounted as Mlife, not that I am much of a player at either.

    we are at Wynn two nights before that so just looking to be closer to midlife of strip the last two nights. park mgm is only for location and access to mid strip.
     
  2. mikeinctown

    mikeinctown High-Roller

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2013
    Messages:
    621
    Location:
    Cleveland
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    9
    Why would you cancel if you aren't going to be saving any money? You're allowed to cancel without penalty up to 24 hours before, I believe. So just wait and keep watching.
     
  3. 44inarow

    44inarow VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2012
    Messages:
    6,533
    Location:
    Las Vegas, NV
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    35
    I think sometimes it's 48 or 72 hours, depending on the particular terms, but agreed. There's zero reason to cancel now.
     
  4. SH0CK

    SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2001
    Messages:
    20,504
    Location:
    Tennessee
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    47
    Standard for mLife is 72 hours.

    Definitely keep checking for better rates while holding a rate you would be happy with. As long as it doesn't cost you a penalty to rebook, then jump on any good offers you come across.
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. FYMYAWF

    FYMYAWF VIP Whale

    Joined:
    May 8, 2016
    Messages:
    1,178
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    0
    I just did this yesterday. I booked Vdara 3 weeks ago but with some of the convention cancellations I decided to take a flyer and see what was available now. I cancelled Vdara and got a similar suite at Delano and was able to add the VIP package and got some added RC for a hundy less than the original Vdara booking.

    It's risky in that if you cancel a booking, especially for the current month, there's always a chance rates have gone up, but in my case it worked out. You can always just call the resort if you're locked into one and ask them if rates have changed, then they can re-book you if you don't want to take the chance.

    This certainly can work for CR too. I've re-booked into far better rooms as close as a week out from the trip just by continually checking rates.
     
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. sogi311

    sogi311 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2008
    Messages:
    200
    Location:
    Raleigh
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    I am looking at the next few days and i guess I am just going to keep an eye on it and hope that a few days before the rates will be drastically reduced like they are now.

    Thanks for your input
     
  7. Mirageluvr

    Mirageluvr VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2015
    Messages:
    1,587
    Location:
    Ijamsville Maryland
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    30
    My Caesers comp offers are now wide open, including CP and Cromwell. I have a feeling this is just the beginning of
    incentives to fill rooms as a result of cancelled conventions and more. As for me, I'm taking a wait and see attitude before I book my next Vegas trip, which I hoped/planned for May/birthday....not so sure May is realistic at this time. I am going to Charlestown WV tomorrow to see the Little River Band/gambling with my wife...still a degen. :D
     
    December 8-10
    Three nights at The Mirage
  8. Multifarious5

    Multifarious5 VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2015
    Messages:
    4,045
    Location:
    west coast
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    17
    If you are getting 4 nights comped right now on the calendar, how many eligible comp stays are you seeing in March, or are the comped nights only for the next week or so?

    FYI MLIFE usually requires 72 hours to cancel to avoid being charged a cancelation fee....
     
  9. kkinwi

    kkinwi VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2016
    Messages:
    1,730
    Location:
    Northern WI
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    80
    I would def wait until you have actual cheaper/comped rates. Otherwise you risk not getting the room you wanted initially.
     
  10. Curt

    Curt Tourist

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2018
    Messages:
    37
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    30
    You can call the number on your reservations email and tell them about the lower price. I do that almost every time I go to Vegas and they always lower my price.
     
  11. Packeral

    Packeral Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2016
    Messages:
    380
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    10
    Always rebook before you cancel your current reservation. I do this often. I book as soon as I know I’m going and rebook and cancel as rates go down.
     
  12. SAll11

    SAll11 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2018
    Messages:
    492
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    5
    Another Question regarding this. I’ve already booked but now when I look I have better offers. More Nights comped/better room types. The dates I wanna go are 5/10-5-15. On the current promos I see none of those dates are available for comp. Is that because I’m already booked those days and if I cancel would they open up so I could upgrade hotels or at least rooms in the place I have booked.
     
  13. ReTriggerMe

    ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2020
    Messages:
    2,803
    Location:
    San Francisco East Bay
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    24
    Yes

    There is logic built into the offer calendar based on the rules of 1) no concurrent mlife offer rooms bookings, and 2) no bookings 72 hours prior to or after an offer-stay

    What will happen if you cancel online? What offers will appear? When will they appear; how soon will the calendar update after cancellation? No guarantees. The MGM people themselves may not even know every single piece of stray programming code built into the offer calendar rules engine.... One person's experience won't necessarily match another's. My Tuesday experience may not match my Thursday experience, even if I tried the exact same transaction.

    I'd call and see what can be changed via phone. Reservationists are regular folk... they're happy to give callers a better rate if they can find one.
     
    Holiday Return after 39 Months
    Superbowl
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SAll11

    SAll11 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2018
    Messages:
    492
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    5
    Would I call MLife or the hotel I’m booked at?
     
  15. ReTriggerMe

    ReTriggerMe VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2020
    Messages:
    2,803
    Location:
    San Francisco East Bay
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    24
    Call the VIP reservations number in your MLife account
     
    Holiday Return after 39 Months
    Superbowl
  16. gr8whitenorth

    gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2018
    Messages:
    1,588
    Location:
    Ontario
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    5
    While not exactly last minute I did a very similar thing last night. I had booked a reasonably good deal at Bally's for our trip later this month for 3 nights. I checked yesterday and a COMP came up for the same nights. I canceled back my booked reservation and grabbed the COMP. I couldn't book the COMP until I canceled back the initial reservation. All was done online and it all worked out well. The only change was that I had a King before and now we are in a 2 queen.
     
    Let's do this!
    Let's do this!
  17. tallsamoan

    tallsamoan Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    442
    Location:
    YEG
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    25
    I do this all the time. Book a decent MLife offer, cancel and rebook if something better comes up. I sometimes get an even better deal calling the MLife desk, over the web-offers. Rinse and repeat. Take the best possible deal you can get 'cause MGM is gonna squeeze you elsewhere.
     
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.