1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Host/Sister Properties Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bedaniels, Feb 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bedaniels

bedaniels High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a host I've used for the last several years at MB who in my opinion has been good to me. Extra's outside my offers include- Airport Limo's, VIP Check in, Penthouse floor and lounge access, Fruit Tray/Fiji Water's sent to my room, even same day Golden Knights tickets once. Comps everything except the tips and retail, I've probably booked 10 times through this host appreciate the perks.

The issue is I have a friend turning 40 in October, 8 of us in the group headed to Vegas, and the group wants to stay at Bellagio. I have a corporate offer from Bellagio including Suite, RC and FP, but none of extra's I get from the host at MB. Offer says book by Feb 29th. Staying at MB is not a option given the rest of the group is staying at Bellagio, none of the others in the group have hosts so they are doing their own bookings.

Can the MB host book me at Bellagio?

If not, is it rude or inappropriate for me ask the MB host to refer me to a Bellagio host for this trip? I don't want to offend the MB host with the request and would explain the reasoning behind the trip.

I could contact a Bellagio host or VIP services on my own but think I would have a better opportunity for the extra benefits mentioned above by booking through a host.

The offer mentions luxurious suite, any idea which room type that entails?

I understand play expectations will be a little higher at Bellagio vs MB, but play expectations have not been an issue with hosts in the past.

Appreciate the feedback.

2. g35girl

g35girl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband's host is at PH but we never stay there. His host books us at any CET property we want with the same amenities...limo, FB etc.

I am assuming it works the same with MLife. Just get in touch with your host at MB and see if he can book Bellagio for you.

3. StevieNight

StevieNight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve heard that all mlife hosts are property specific, so I don’t think he can book you at Bellagio unfortunately. I’m not sure about him introducing you to another host so I’ll let someone else answer that one!

Finally back from the UK | ZorkFest 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

Your host generally can’t book you there. Just be honest and tell him the situation. Most hosts know hosts at other properties in the mlife family and can steer you in the right direction.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to have a host at MB but it's been 5 years or more since I stayed there. I was once dealing with a host at Aria about staying there instead and I was gently trying to play one property's offer vs. the other and I got told in no uncertain terms that that was a non-starter.

So it may be different now, but I don't think MGM's host system is set up like CET's. I think an MGM host only gets credit for play at his own property, and I don't think he'd book you directly at Bellagio or be able to offer any extras there.

I'm not sure what I would do. The MB host won't be thrilled if you ask him for a reference at Bellagio, but he should take it in stride given your history, and shouldn't want to piss you off by being grumpy about it. It's not that it would be inappropriate or rude to ask, it's just what is the reaction gonna be. You don't really want to get into a discussion about it, you just want a name.

Or you can just contact VIP Services at Bellagio and ask them to connect you to a host to see if you can get the extras.

6. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like you have a very good relationship with your MB host. Based on that, after explaining the situation to him, I’d absolutely recommend asking him for a referral to a Bellagio host. That gives him the ability to refer you to someone he may have a working relationship with. In my opinion the host will appreciate the opportunity as it may result in referrals from the Bellagio host to him.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.